Wraith

:salute:You've outdone yourself Nomad.:salute:
(The first one gave me quite a fright when I first entered the thread: that is the scariest unit I have ever seen in Civ5)
:hide:

To be honest I didn't do much; the source art was already complete. I only had to import and clean-up the .obj in Blender and then match the bones to the Berserker unit. Took about an hour. I wish all units were this easy! :lol:

Nomad or What said:
I wish all units were this easy!:lol:
Me too. Though most of my rank-and-file WH units take about 10-20 minutes thanks to Ekmek's bone weight copying trick, they're not quite as good as yours.
(Which is why I'm looking for an excuse to use this one - maybe as a Wood Elven Spite in a few different colors)

Me too. Though most of my rank-and-file WH units take about 10-20 minutes thanks to Ekmek's bone weight copying trick, they're not quite as good as yours.
(Which is why I'm looking for an excuse to use this one - maybe as a Wood Elven Spite in a few different colors)

Bone weight copy is great but far from perfect. I still have to inspect each vertex group carefully, especially at the head and hands. It also has a tendency to transfer vertices to any weapons that the original mesh is holding. Fortunately, this unit had no weapons and nothing below the torso. The only thing I had to do apart from assigning bones was rotate the arms to match the Berserker's mesh. I think the longest amount of time was spent ensuring that the head was isolated to its own vertex group (Base HumanNeck2, I believe) because it is "floating" above the torso.

Nothing is to say you can't just steal parts of the mesh to suit your needs in Warhammer; I was actually thinking about using the head in another unit...someday.... :mischief:

Oh sure. But if you use bone weight copying, it's easier than starting assigning the vertex groups from scratch most but definitely not all of the time. For example, with a Dwarf Slayer using Warrior animations it's perfect, but with Berserker animations the less said the better.
If you are on Steam, maybe we could work together on a unit making guide which I have already started, but only covers reskinning right now.

Very nice looking:trophy:

This unit will work awesome as a alien intruder for CCTP.

These are truly awesome looking. Care to do any Game of Thrones units? :D

Top Bottom