Writer gives too little culture?

I think I figured out why I feel it's weak - I play marathon, and they don't adjust the value of culture produced with the secondary ability by game length. Ditto for scientist, artist, musician, etc. So it's still 8 turns, except now it takes 50 turns to produce a SP.

This might also explain why I rarely, unless very very late in the game, beaker the scientist. I often get no more than 2/3 of a tech with him, and to me I've always wondered why should I, when plopping down an academy gives me a perpetual return.
It sucks that the game isn't optimised for marathon. It's why I only ever play on the standard settings - I don't trust the devs to optimise it for the rest.

FYI I find the GW very powerful, it almost always gives me 80-100% of the culture I need to get an SP.

They do it for other things, like hammer cost, so I don't know why they forgot with these things.

You do get more GPs per game on slower speeds, though, don't you?

I think I figured out why I feel it's weak - I play marathon, and they don't adjust the value of culture produced with the secondary ability by game length. Ditto for scientist, artist, musician, etc. So it's still 8 turns, except now it takes 50 turns to produce a SP.

This might also explain why I rarely, unless very very late in the game, beaker the scientist. I often get no more than 2/3 of a tech with him, and to me I've always wondered why should I, when plopping down an academy gives me a perpetual return.

I used to always play marathon until I realized how unbalanced it is with stuff like this. It's too bad the great writer ability hasn't been scaled either. :(

Top Bottom