[BTS] Writeup for 610 AD Space

I'm about to attack De Gaulle and what do I see? Apparently he is about to attack Mansa! Let him do it I think. There is nothing to a civver like watching one's enemies destroying each other and stabbing them in the back! Besides, Mansa will open borders. Not a big deal, but it can prove useful in future.
Spoiler :
Civ4ScreenShot0512.JPG

I'm about to attack De Gaulle and what do I see? Apparently he is about to attack Mansa! Let him do it I think. There is nothing to a civver like watching one's enemies destroying each other and stabbing them in the back! Besides, Mansa will open borders. Not a big deal, but it can prove useful in future.
Wow, large and in charge!

I'm looking at this game wondering which I understand less: space race or marathon.

That looks like a good time for Mining Inc. The 12 hr shifts is a different puzzle. For me an 10-day period of eight 12 hr shifts would be followed by 2 more days of 8 hrs each. (Or, 2 more 12s.)

Normally AI will instantly make a colony of 3 cities. Can anyone explain why this time victoria does not liberate even 4 cities? I need her to create a colony that won't hate me and will trade one of the coastal rice which I settled those cities upon.
Spoiler :
Civ4ScreenShot1265.JPG

The obvious check: she's not at war is she?
Otherwise, maybe she's unwilling to go down to 1 city while she has a vassal at 5

It was accepted! Nobody else can see the game until it is published, right? So I will post the graphs for curious ones to compare the dynamics of the three fastest Deity Space Races to date. I could not afford to use Slavery/OR for factories and power because that would delay GM for Sushi. Retrospectively I think it was a better alternative, though. Seriously, who cares for 15:food: Sushi being delayed by a few turns? Lack of rice hurts a lot, its -2:health: and 4-5 less:food: from Sushi. Mining at 48:hammers: was not very strong either, this is 9:hammers: fewer than in the previous game. In fact, my bpt in the final stage was the same as in the Small/Terra game in spite of considerably larger empire.

I will certainly try B&S next time. Although Mining has greater potential on Terra it is difficult to get hold of the resources on other landmasses. Necessity for early Compass kills the Biology bulb and 15:food: Sushi is a joke, while only 40:hammers: Mining on B&S is still quite formidable. Can't create colonies before Astro and can't afford vassals to have Astro, because they will settle in the new world. And since every AI is dead or at 1 city before Feudalism and there are very few islands available pre-Astro it means that having more than just 1 or 2 vassals is tricky.

B&S has a number of advantages. More food, always easy access to islands for 2:commerce: internal traderoutes, powerful GLH, extremely powerful Sushi (over 60:food: if you are lucky), no need for early Compass, Optics and Astronomy, you never miss certain types of resources (even if something is missing on the mainland, you can always find it on the islands and get it connected without Astro).
Spoiler :

90AD - t359
420AD - t392
600AD - t420
territory.jpg

CropYield.jpg

MfgGoods.jpg

GPT.jpg

Last edited:
I've just finished generating 100 maps with 999 tiles scope in Future era on Large B&S and Terra (Low sea, temperate etc) with 14 opponets (max allowed for HoF).

Here are average values over 100 maps
Terra:
Forests 730.97
Land tiles (green, brown and FP) 1905.88
Sushi resources 89.92 (32.72:food:)
Mining resources 79.08 (59.31:hammers:)

B&S (massive continents, tiny islands, islands mixed in):
Forests 474.19
Land tiles (green, brown and FP) 1347.12
Sushi resources 155.73 (53.4:food:)
Mining resources 71.2 (53.4:hammers:)

Average Mining was 55.43:hammers: on Standard Terra and 48.15 on Standard B&S (same settings). Does it mean that Mining is stronger on Large than on Standard? Not necesserely - 100 maps is not enough to draw conclusions. Still, I hardly ever had Mining stronger than 40-45:hammers: on smaller map sizes. In this light WastinTime's 57:hammers: does not seem like a lot of luck, its only 3.6 above the average I got.

I counted forests unavailable pre-Astro on one of the Large/Terra maps - 257. Assuming that it is not very far from the average value we should have 730.97-257=473.97 forests available without Astronomy, this is almost exatly the amount of forests on Large/B&S:eek:

Well, I'm certainly not going to use Large/Terra for the next game, even its advantage of having more forests is non-existing.

Top Bottom