[GS] Wrong builder tooltip for Maori (1.0.1.501)

Zoltan Messzi

Chieftain
When on a potential plantation tile (Cocoa etc), the tooltip for Maori builder action indicates +1 Production, but the real effect is -1 Production!! Very misleading!!!

What Maori or Kupe ability takes away Production? Did I miss something?
Edit. Oh, you built something on the rainforest, then you will lose the bonus production.
In general the tooltips for builder actions are usually wrong, that is not the only case. Very often they just show the end state, not the difference. E.g. if there are 2 prod already, and you will loose 1, then finally there will be 1 prod. And the tooltip will show 1 prod.
I also don’t recall ever seeing a tooltip with negative yields, like -1 prod.

Last edited:
When on a potential plantation tile (Cocoa etc), the tooltip for Maori builder action indicates +1 Production, but the real effect is -1 Production!! Very misleading!!!

This happens when you have some bonus from unimproved tile(like Moari's Mana or Reyna's Forestry Management).
I also found another odd thing just before building Fishing Boats. From some point (I don't know when) tooltip shows wrong forecast, like +1 more Food and Production.
I'm trying to get used to it or ignore it, though I'm still wonder what's wrong.

(EDIT) It seems The Fishing Boat thing also has something to do with unimproved tile bonus from Shipyard.

Tooltip might be nothing. But it's sometimes very annoying and frustrating if it misleads my decision.

Last edited:
Top Bottom