Wrong language...

Markstar

Warlord
Mmh, well, I'm German.
Even worse, I also got the german version of Civ, which actually REALLY sucks, I think, but I can't get the english version anywhere (and I don't want to buy another version, I already own two). In one of the older versions you could copy the language files, I think. Does anybody know how to do that with Gold, and where I could get the language files from
Thanx

Well, I have the English (classic) version (I bought the game in the Netherlands in, I think september or octobre 1996). I can play the English and French version (I'm not really good at French, though I've learned it for 2.5 years now) so I play the English version. But because I'm half German, I just might play the German version, but I can't!

------------------
Bayern München rules! (My mother is from Wolfschlugen, near Nürtingen, Landkreis Esslingen (ES), about 20km south from Stuttgart. Schwabenländle!)

[This message has been edited by willemvanoranje (edited February 15, 2001).]

I have more or less the same problem.

I was playing Civ II (v2.42) with the french (I guess) version but with the english texts (at that time, I had the choice between both) and that was fine until I both changed my computer and install the french multiplayer version (since I couln't find the first CD and the MP edition was so cheap).
Now I have to play in french facing the following 'little' problems :
- the game is really badly translated (i.e. even a 2 year old child will speak better french )
- I am 'lost' in the technology tree (I was used to know the english name and the list are sorted out by the ENGLISH alphabetic order )

If just changing the *.txt files will be enough, I ready to try on my computer if someone can post these 'english' text files.

Jabah

Yes thats it.I made mine into 3 versions once just to see.German,French and English.It was just a matter of renaming files.

I'd zip a copy right now cept I have the mac version and there are different font sizes.Its not a big job for a PC person.

step up

[This message has been edited by Smash (edited March 13, 2001).]

Top Bottom