WSJ/NBC Poll: A Donald Trump Surprise

I don't see how you could support a campaign that can't master simple antecedent usage. Such remarkably poor English seems to suggest foreign birth.
There's something about that language which sets my design/editor's teeth on edge. It's pretty enough, but the grammar is wrong.
For one thing, I highly doubt that Trump made that sign. For another thing, I think you have a problem with many more campaigns' "antecedent usage" than just Trump's. I have seen many campaigns use that style. Since that is the case, I propose you should start a campaign against random people having bad grammar, since it irks you so much.

It turns out it is a Glenn Beck trite cliche.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,517826,00.html

Here's the one thing that would solve most of our government's problems: We must stop hoping for change and start demanding it. We must police ourselves. We must act honorably and honestly, because the government certainly isn't going to do it for us.

http://www.glennbeck.com/content/articles/article/198/37742/

We are going to go down in the world history books as a suicidal nation. When we lose everything, do you think Russia won’t come over here and protect this land and resources better than we do? It’s a suicide mission. We as citizens must stop hoping for change. We must pray for it and demand change. This course is unsustainable.
So it is quite likely a Tea Party talking point.

Glenn Beck is telling people to act honourably and honestly? Does he not understand the concept of irony?

First of all

Second of all if someone who was running for president had any possibility of not being eligible don't you think that somebody in the CIA, FBI, NSA, WPA, ATF or FEMA might have looked into it before hand?
And lastly, if there is a cover-up than how come NOBODY has come forward with ANY evidence to the contrary?

Anyway on Trump, if he runs he won't be nominated. If he is nominated, he will lose. If he wins, we lose.

Squarg, from what I've observed, annoying things like facts don't seem to matters to birthers. I'm still holding for them being consistent though.

Nicky, if I thought I could make the slightest difference, I would worry about people's spelling and grammar, because it does irk me. Unfortunately, from what I've also observed, I can't.

Squarg, from what I've observed, annoying things like facts don't seem to matters to birthers. I'm still holding for them being consistent though.
False. If facts were produced, then we would believe it. But saying "Obama was born in Hawaii because we say he was" just doesn't work as proof. Birth certificate please.

Nicky, if I thought I could make the slightest difference, I would worry about people's spelling and grammar, because it does irk me. Unfortunately, from what I've also observed, I can't.
Then why are you so upset about the grammar on that one sign post?

Glenn Beck is telling people to act honourably and honestly? Does he not understand the concept of irony?
Being Nazis, I don't think our opinions count with him.

False. If facts were produced, then we would believe it. But saying "Obama was born in Hawaii because we say he was" just doesn't work as proof. Birth certificate please.

DID YOU NOT JUST SEE THE BIRTH CERTIFICATE!?!?!?!?! It is literally right there!

here it is again just in case you missed it:

I'm Aspergic, Nicky. My hating poor grammar doesn't need to be rational.

On topic, why are you supporting Trump? He hasn't produced his birth certificate and he's not a natural-born US citizen.

First of all

Second of all if someone who was running for president had any possibility of not being eligible don't you think that somebody in the CIA, FBI, NSA, WPA, ATF or FEMA might have looked into it before hand?
And lastly, if there is a cover-up than how come NOBODY has come forward with ANY evidence to the contrary?

Anyway on Trump, if he runs he won't be nominated. If he is nominated, he will lose. If he wins, we lose.

IIRC, when the "Show me the birth certificate" happened around IDK 2008, or 2009, it was pointed out that there's no federal law/constitutionally mandated checking of one's birth certificate for verification for candidacy purposes.

DID YOU NOT JUST SEE THE BIRTH CERTIFICATE!?!?!?!?! It is literally right there!

here it is again just in case you missed it:

Certificates of live birth, which is what you have there, are not the same as birth certificates.

On topic, why are you supporting Trump? He hasn't produced his birth certificate and he's not a natural-born US citizen.
He has produced his birth certificate. See the following link.

IIRC, when the "Show me the birth certificate" happened around IDK 2008, or 2009, it was pointed out that there's no federal law/constitutionally mandated checking of one's birth certificate for verification for candidacy purposes.

Exactly. How do we know George Bush wasn't actually born in Mexico? We don't have his birth certificate!

Certificates of live birth, which is what you have there, are not the same as birth certificates.

Lol you are kidding right?

Lol you are kidding right?
Nope. It's true.

See the following explanation:
"A 'birth certificate' and a 'certificate of live birth' are in no way the same thing, even though in some cases they use some of the same words," wrote Trump staffer Thuy Colayco in a message to ABC News. "One officially confirms and records a newborn child's identity and details of his or her birth, while the other only confirms that someone reported the birth of a child. Also, a 'certificate of live birth' is very easy to get because the standards are much lower, while a 'birth certificate' is only gotten through a long and detailed process wherein identity must be proved beyond any doubt. If you had only a certificate of live birth, you would not be able to get a proper passport from the Post Office or a driver's license from the Department of Motor Vehicles. Therefore, there is very significant difference between a 'certificate of live birth' and a 'birth certificate' and one should never be confused with the other."

That very same link you posted mentioned that the President's birth certificate has been available for over three years now.

You didn't explain why you're supporting a man who is not a natural-born citizen by birther standards.

That very same link you posted mentioned that the President's birth certificate has been available for over three years now.
It's Huffington Post. What do you expect?

You didn't explain why you're supporting a man who is not a natural-born citizen by birther standards.
It's the same standards. Trump has proven he was born in the U.S. Obama? Nope.

So are you saying that that certificate is fake? Because it's been verified by 2 Hawaii Governors, one Republican and one Democrat.
So even if he doesn't provide the long form it doesn't matter because either A. There was a conspiracy for the past 44 years to get the son of an 18 year old elected President or B. He just doesn't want to show the long form.
also I don't think a Trump spokesman counts as reliable for telling me what is and what isn't a birth certificate.

This is simply a lie. Saying Obama has not produced his birth certificate is like saying the Earth is not round.

It's Huffington Post. What do you expect?
Seeing as they're not Fox News, I don't expect them to lie.

I was referring specifically to the "standard" that a President must be born in the USA and have both his parents born in the USA. Trump fails on that "prerequisite".

Top Bottom