WTF Maria? AI votes for my Ideology

b7fanatix

Warlord
Can't say i've ever seen this happen before.

Myself and Portugal are the only two with an Ideology, I went Freedom, Maria went Autocracy. She's already got dissidents, WC comes around, and she proposes "World Ideology - Freedom". Er, thanks ! It passes, next turn she thanks me for supporting her WC proposal, and i got a nice big green modifier for that, and a red one for having different ideologies.

????? Do I need to restart and run Memtest86? Or RMA my CPU?

edit - ok, it looks like Maria voted against her own WC proposal, but it went through because a couple of unaligned civs voted my way (and i didn't bribe them). Still, what was she thinking?

Attachments

• Maria WTF moment.Civ5Save
    1.2 MB · Views: 54
She was trying to prove her point - that your ideology is so bad that nobody would vote in favor of it.

She failed miserably but allowed democracy to flow.

I've seen that already with other resolutions. Sometimes on Dual, if I have a spare vote, I'll vote for an AI's resolution just to get the positive diplomacy, but then I see that the resolution failed. Also, theres an achievement for voting down your own resolution :D

AI is quite weird in proposing resolutions. One time I saw Germany proposing "Embargo City States" and I was like, yeaaaaaah, that obviously can't go wrong for them, they don't really have any use of trading with them innit.

I've seen that already with other resolutions. Sometimes on Dual, if I have a spare vote, I'll vote for an AI's resolution just to get the positive diplomacy, but then I see that the resolution failed. Also, theres an achievement for voting down your own resolution :D

I sometimes propose something I don't want for a positive diplo modifier if I am reasonably sure it wont get up. The AI sometimes votes against its own proposals too. I'm not sure what diplo modifier you get for helping it vote down its own proposal.

She was trying to prove her point - that your ideology is so bad that nobody would vote in favor of it.

She failed miserably but allowed democracy to flow.

Haha! :D Maria trolling Freedom.

Maybe she wanted to get that achievement! :)

Top Bottom