Wtf?

Bllasae

Prince
The Believers just nuked me. The Believers. :lol:

The Believers just nuked me. The Believers. :lol:

Well, I once got a conquest victory as Gaia's Stepdaughters....

....AND I vaporized at least 6 cities with singularity planet busters, during that game too! :lol:

Well, I once got a conquest victory as Gaia's Stepdaughters....

....AND I vaporized at least 6 cities with singularity planet busters, during that game too! :lol:
Lol.:lol::lol::lol:

Yeah, although I don't think the opposing teams found my "demon swarm" stacks of doom that I used in much of my conquering so funny. ;)

I happen to have the Japanese version of Alien Crossfire, so I didn't exactly understand everything that was going on (I can read and speak Japanese well enough, but not certain things dealing with quantum mechanics and Sci-fi technobabble), so I kind of blundered along the best that I could....

Yeah, although I don't think the opposing teams found my "demon swarm" stacks of doom that I used in much of my conquering so funny. ;)

I happen to have the Japanese version of Alien Crossfire, so I didn't exactly understand everything that was going on (I can read and speak Japanese well enough, but not certain things dealing with quantum mechanics and Sci-fi technobabble), so I kind of blundered along the best that I could....
Cool. I was looking on Amazon for Alien Crossfire, and the cheapest one was like $90 for some reason. How much did you buy yours for, if you don't mind me asking?

Cool. I was looking on Amazon for Alien Crossfire, and the cheapest one was like $90 for some reason. How much did you buy yours for, if you don't mind me asking?

I can't recall, but I think it was about $60-$70.... IIRC, it was ¥8000, but don't quote me on that... I bought it 7 years ago.... I think I have the original version somewhere in English, but for some stupid reason, the English version only works on English Windows XP, and the Japanese version only works on Japanese XP....

SMAC is one of TWO games that I own that are strictly region-coded... Everything else works on both my English and my Japanese computer. :rolleyes:

I can't recall, but I think it was about $60-$70.... IIRC, it was ¥8000, but don't quote me on that... I bought it 7 years ago.... I think I have the original version somewhere in English, but for some stupid reason, the English version only works on English Windows XP, and the Japanese version only works on Japanese XP....

SMAC is one of TWO games that I own that are strictly region-coded... Everything else works on both my English and my Japanese computer. :rolleyes:
Alright, thanks. One more question if you will. Is the expansion worth $60-$90?

Well..... Let's just say that it's kind of fun to try playing as one of the alien factions or the "secret" faction you have to activate via the editor.

(The Firaxians Pwn!)

Alright, thanks. One more question if you will. Is the expansion worth $60-$90?

If SMAC + SMAX = 100, SMAC contributes at least 80.

SMAX has good additions: aquatic factions, sea base facilities (e.g. aqua farms), new native life (spore launchers, fungal towers) and unbalancing additions: cloudbase academy.

One thing to consider, SMAX is a good investment. If you buy it on eBay and hold it for a year, chances are that it will appreciate better than the stock market. So take care of the disk and, if you don't like it, resell it in a year.

If SMAC + SMAX = 100, SMAC contributes at least 80.

SMAX has good additions: aquatic factions, sea base facilities (e.g. aqua farms), new native life (spore launchers, fungal towers) and unbalancing additions: cloudbase academy.

One thing to consider, SMAX is a good investment. If you buy it on eBay and hold it for a year, chances are that it will appreciate better than the stock market. So take care of the disk and, if you don't like it, resell it in a year.
Alright thanks.

I was also surprised to see such astronomous prices for SMAX or even SMAC on ebay. Yet I was even more surprised to find a planetary pack (SMAC + SMAX) 2 months ago on ebay for a mere 3 euros.
I guess the fact that it was only sent to addresses in Belgium kept it out of the search results of most buyers?

Top Bottom