WTP Recruitment Thread - "Your Civ4Col needs you!"

Note that I have done a lot of work that is not "visible" in the main repo and which is likely to constitute a significant part of 3.1. You may want to have a look at what is going on there (the develop branch of the repo in my signature) since you probably need to rebase your feature branch on top of it at some point. Note that this only really apply to any code changes though.

Maybe I should just push my develop branch and call it develop_3_1 or something in the main repo ?
This sounds like a good practice especially for all general improvements to the code regardless of who implements such. Makes sense to have new features / content in personal branches and overall improvements / bugfixes etc. in dev "releases". Or then have a fixed designated development branch that is kept in working order (fixes and general improvements are merged only after some testing at least). Perhaps this is the situation now already?

Does this distinction between fixes / improvements vs. new content make sense to you?

I broadly agree but we have yet to determine what should go into the next release. We already have a couple of recent bug reports that are kinda severe (CTD) so we should probably do a pure bug-fix release soon-ish (3.0.2 ?) before considering new content. My develop branch has no content at all, it's all AI, performance and logging!

We already have a couple of recent bug reports that are kinda severe (CTD) so we should probably do a pure bug-fix release soon-ish (3.0.2 ?)
Fully agree guys, but let us not use the "Recruitment Thread" for this discussion. :)

Let us do one of those 2 alternatives:
  • Clarify in the internal modder's chat (which is probably the best solution)
  • Create a separate thread "Planning Release 3.0.2" (or something like that)

I've played colonization with its various mods for a very long time...

I'm interested in being an occasional Supporter... I do not have the time or energy to be a full Team Member.

Things I would be interested in helping out with:
- Pedia Text / Screen Layout
- Education / Teachers Screen Layout
- Quests and Quest Screen Layout

With something like a quest, I would not want to unbalance the game, so please help instruct me in the proper way to go about proposing it.

I'm interested in being an occasional Supporter...
Sounds great. :)

I do not have the time or energy to be a full Team Member.
There is no organized team anymore - it was too much hassle and annoyance.
Instead we more or less simply became a modder's community that shares and cooperates.

When we feel we have created enough content we will sit down together and discuss what we merge and publish.
Until then all of us should simply continue working on the branches and supporting the others where needed.

Things I would be interested in helping out with:
- Pedia Text / Screen Layout
- Education / Teachers Screen Layout
- Quests and Quest Screen Layout
Awesome, we could definitely need help there. :thumbsup:

For Pedia Screen Layout:
Please use my work for them as a base because I recently also worked on Pedia Screens.
(Contained in branch "Plains")

With something like a quest, I would not want to unbalance the game, so please help instruct me in the proper way to go about proposing it.
Simply create a new thread and explain what you would like to do.
The ohter modders can give feedback then.

There is not better way than that.
There is nobody that would tell you what to do.

----

Welcome to our small modder's community. :grouphug:
Simply have fun modding with us.

Currently having lots of fun expanding these damn GameFonts again ... :badcomp: ... :aargh: ...:coffee:... :run:
(Still cannot believe that any programmer created such a crappy system. Well in the end it worked ...)

Bumping this again because we still search new team members. :wavey:

Although currently team size is actually bigger than quite in a while. :)
Which makes it more fun and also a bit more relaxing ... also allowing us to train a bit more again.

So do not worry if you are still a beginner.
As long as you are motivated eveything is fine. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
We are always looking for more people who wants to contribute to make the mod better.
Uncle Sam.jpg

Last edited:
We are always looking for more people who wants to contribute to make the mod better.
View attachment 649344
Hello,
I love the mod and played it countless of hours until now. I would like to help with the development but frankly have no idea how. My programming skills are quite limited, but perhaps I could help in another way? Tedious tasks perhaps which are easy to learn but take precious time away from team members?
Well if you guys are interested, just PM me or something.

Kind Regards
"Another" Ray

Last edited:
Top Bottom