WW1 Complete Infantry pack 1

I did not include any "animation" in the zip, as it is completely unnecessary. the animations are already in your civ folders. i did not create new animations. the albania model is in the infantries folder and uses infantry animation, which is in your vanilla art defines somewhere...

What I mean is, I didn't find anything called "InfantryAlbania_fx." , the only file I found was something like "Albania22 Kopie.dds" , so I wasn't sure what model was needed to make the unit work.

Do I copy the same art define for the infantry, and just change the DDS tag to "Albania22 Kopie.dds" , or will I need something else too?

shqype, just checked my downloads. in the infantries subfolder i've got an InfantryAlbania_fx.nif guess that is what you are looking for. the corrected download has more files than the initial one(initial one didn't have an infantries subfolder). maybe you should try redownloading it

ww1_infantry_pack_1\Infantries\InfantryAlbania_fx.nif

shqype, just checked my downloads. in the infantries subfolder i've got an InfantryAlbania_fx.nif guess that is what you are looking for. the corrected download has more files than the initial one(initial one didn't have an infantries subfolder). maybe you should try redownloading it

ww1_infantry_pack_1\Infantries\InfantryAlbania_fx.nif

aaaa, thats correct,i made a reupload :rolleyes:

and replace the infantry art define, replace the <shadernif> with infantryalbania_fx.
the dds just stays in the shared folder, nothing to do with it.

Thanks for the explanation psob2, and thanks for everything SeZ!

Only thing that seems to be missing is a skin for the paper that the model pulls out. Occasionally the unit will pull something out of his pocket when idle and flip through it. It looks like a map, but it comes out pink. Just thought you should know, I'm not sure if this is the case with the other units too.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0006.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0006.JPG
    136.6 KB · Views: 238
  • Civ4ScreenShot0007.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0007.JPG
    173.9 KB · Views: 243
incredible...just awesome artwork!!! :goodjob::goodjob:

Hey seZereth... I'm having a problem with the ItalianEarly MG unit.

I've successfully used every other model from your pack except the ItalianEarly MG unit (MG "Italyearly.nif + shared folder"). Could there be a problem with this nif?

I've double, triple and quadruple checked my XML entries... I can get all your other units to work (including late Italian MG), but this one seems to be stumping me.

Any suggestions/fixes?

Hey seZereth... I'm having a problem with the ItalianEarly MG unit.

I've successfully used every other model from your pack except the ItalianEarly MG unit (MG "Italyearly.nif + shared folder"). Could there be a problem with this nif?

I've double, triple and quadruple checked my XML entries... I can get all your other units to work (including late Italian MG), but this one seems to be stumping me.

Any suggestions/fixes?

What sort of problem?

What sort of problem?
Well, I guess I should have been more specific... it's of the "you get no graphics at all/crash to desktop" sorta thing.

Civilopedia draws a blank screen, attempt to place the unit in WB, it will CTD.

Damn-sure my XML is tight... was able to use all the other units in this pack, just not the early italian MG.

Well, I guess I should have been more specific... it's of the "you get no graphics at all/crash to desktop" sorta thing.

Civilopedia draws a blank screen, attempt to place the unit in WB, it will CTD.

Damn-sure my XML is tight... was able to use all the other units in this pack, just not the early italian MG.

Yep there's definitely some dark blender stuff going on there, I had a look at the file in Scene Viewer and whenever I go to view the properties of the MG it crashes.

Also if I try importing it into 3ds Max it fails to import the geometry (it just imports the bones).

Okay... so it's not just me... I'm not the one to post a problem with something like a simple XML error on my end... I hate looking dumb if I miss something on this end, so when I post a problem, I've usually tested it on my end with every concievable alternative I can think of.

seZereth... any chance you can look at this and/or fix it?

Okay... so it's not just me... I'm not the one to post a problem with something like a simple XML error on my end... I hate looking dumb if I miss something on this end, so when I post a problem, I've usually tested it on my end with every concievable alternative I can think of.

seZereth... any chance you can look at this and/or fix it?

dont know what has been with that file, but i reexported, remerged and tested it in game, i can definitely shoot germans with that italian early machinegunner ;)

i reuploaded the file and it should work properly now.
cheers guys.

and thanks chuggi for investigating too ;)

Thanks for the fix seZereth!

...and oh...

dont know what has been with that file, but i reexported, remerged and tested it in game, i can definitely shoot Austrians with that italian early machinegunner ;)
Corrected! ;)

Hey,really nice Units!!Unfortunately I got a little problem with the Stormtrooper...I`m not sure if its my fault,but only the german and the austrian are using weapons...?Allready downloaded it a second time but I still got the same problem...What am I doing wrong???

I want to use the GermanLate Kopie.dds texture. What .nif and .kfm files do I need to use? Do I need to change the name of the dds, edit the .nifs?

I want to use the GermanLate Kopie.dds texture. What .nif and .kfm files do I need to use? Do I need to change the name of the dds, edit the .nifs?

what for do you want to use it?
if you put the complete "shared" folder into your assets/art/ folder, then the Oromowarrior (late infantry) (with the BtS Unique_Oromo_warrrior.kfm) and the late Machinegunner (with the machinegunner.kfm) will show up textured (as both use this texture). (as would all other of my units, as they all look for the texture in the shared folder...)
SO, put the whole shared folder in your art folder and then you can use any of my models and they all will show up textured.

Late's correspond with Lates and Early's correspond with Earlies... if you are only using one or two models and want all the files in the same folder, play the matching game... a late machine gunner needs the corresponding late kopie uniform DDS...

I hate to say this, but the early Austrian Machinegun has the same problems as the Italian one had...

someone with the old pack might try that with early and late russian machineguns too, please.

I reuploaded again and hopefully fixed austria and russia (both had only half the filesize as the other working ones had).

just give me another call if something else is wrong ;)

Top Bottom