BkGreatWarnut

aka "Brian the Great"
***The game is now unofficially full.***

We are using TGW-DIV Multiplayer 1.0

First download TGW Art and Text Files 2.1 along with TGW 2.1 at:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=76570

Then download TGW-DIV Multiplayer 1.0 at:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showp...&postcount=2106

I really enjoy checking in on other scenarios. However, often times it is difficult to determine what has happened so far in a particular scenario. To give any lurkers a quick view of major happenings in this scenario I plan to give a brief history of what has occured so far in the scenario...

The Players:

1-Itlay--musical theory7, music_theory7 at yahoo dot com (Entente)
2-Germany--BKGreatWarnut, brian_klee4 at hotmail dot com, or bmklee at svsu dot edu (Central Powers)
3-Russia--Aeon221, eeline at thehill dot org, or aeon221 at hotmail dot com (Entente)
4-France--LouLong, mantaray at club-internet dot fr (Entente)
5-Austria--Dell19, dell19_UG at hotmail dot com (Central Powers)
6-Britain--Dazz G, darren.gourley at ntlworld dot com (Entente)
7-Ottomans--Detlef Richter, Dnaturfoto at aol dot com(Central Powers)
8-Neutrals--AI

History of TGW (Through Week 40 of 1914, 11th week of the War):

-Germany-Belgium Offensive (1914 Week 30):
-Battle of Liege:
Railgun, 6 Art, Ruprecht's Corp & Hindenburg's Corp (Ger) def. 2 Bel Inf (Fr)
6 Inf R (Ger) def. 4 Border Patrols (Fr) in the area outside of the city while 2 Inf R (Ger) were killed
-Battle of Brussels:
Ludendorf's Corps, Moltke's Corps & 1 Kav (Ger) def. 1 MG & 2 Bel Inf (Fr)
-Battle of Antwerp:
2 Inf R (Ger) def. 1 Bel Inf (Fr) with the lost of 1 Inf R (Ger)
-Battle of Ypres:
1 Inf R (Ger) def. 1 Bel Cav (Fr)
-Battle of Calais:
5 Inf R & 2 Flame (Ger) def. 1 Inf & 1 Arm Car (Fr) while losing 4 Inf R (Ger)

-British/French-Belgium Counter Attack (1914 Week 30-33):
-Brussels (Week 30): Nivelle's Corps (Fr) def. Moltke's Corps (Ger).
-Near Brussels (Week 31): Hindenburg's Corps (Ger) def. Haig's Corps (Br).
-Near Brussels (Week 31): Falkenhayn's 4th Corps (Ger) def. Foch's Corps (Fr).
-Near Brussels (Week 32): Ludendorf's 2nd Corps (Ger) def. Joffre's Corps (Fr).
-Near Arras (Week 33): French's Corps (Br) def. Ludendorf's 2nd Corps & Hindenburg's 1st Corps (Ger).

-Battle in North Sea Near Bremen (1914 Week 31-32):
-The battle involved the bulk of the Royal Navy Grand Fleet and the German High Seas Fleet including both sides Dreadnoughts. Total losses for both:
British Losses: 2 Dreadnoughts, 3 Battle Cruiser, 5 Pre-Dreadnoughts, 10 Armored Cruisers & 4 Light Cruisers; German Losses: 6 Battle Cruisers & 6 Subs.

-The Belgrade Raid (1914 Week 32):
Ruprecht's 4th Corps (Ger) def. Kerensky's Corps (Rus).

-The Russian's Glorious Breakthrough (1914 Week 32):
Russian Cossack Divisions captured the Austrian Cities of Tarnesvar, Budapest, Zagrab, and Ljubljana. Later in the week Austrian forces were able to recapture the lightly defended cities, but not before Russians had sold off all city improvements.

-The German's Arras Offensive (1914 Week 34-36):
Week 34:
-3 Siege Guns & 11 210 MM Guns bombarded the British stack while Ruprecht's 4th Corps, 17 Inf & 2 Armored Cars (Ger) def. French's Corps, 3 MG, 2 Armored Cars, 1 BEF and 4 Garrison (Br) and captured 2 light artillery. 1 BEF Inf did retreat... German losses: 8 Inf & 2 Armored Cars.
-French counter with bombardment from 12 Light Artillery while Nivelle's Corps & 2 Inf Divisions def. 1 German Machine Gun & 2 Inf Divisions (Ger).
Week 35:
-1 Rail Gun, 3 Siege Guns, 11 210 MM Guns & 2 Light Artillery bombarded the city followed by an attack by Falkenhayn's 4th Corps & 13 Inf Div(Ger) def. 5 R Infantry Div, 1 T Inf Div & 2 Garrisons (Fr). German losses: 6 German Inf Div.
-12 light artilleries (Fr) & 8 R French Inf Divisions killed 6 R German Inf Div for loss of 2 French Inf.
Week 36: Germans retreat to Belgium

-The German Sub Hunt (1914 Week 35):
-Mid North Sea:
--6 Destroyers (Ger) def. 4 Sub (Fr) & 1 Sub (Br). Losses: 1 Destroyer (Ger).
--5 Dreadnoughts (Br) def. 5 Destroyers (Ger).
-Lower North Sea:
1 Dreadnought (Ger) def. 1 Sub (Br).

-Battle of the Nancy Frontier (1914 Week 36-37):
Week 36:
-North East of Nancy:
-- 8 210 MM Guns & 1 Siege Gun bombarded followed by 18 Inf Div & 1 Marines Div (Ger) def. 2 Machine Gun Div & 2 Inf Div (Fr) with the loss of 14 Inf Div & 1 Marines Div (Ger).
-East of Nancy:
--3 210 MM Guns bombarded followed by Wyorsh's 1st Corps & 8 Inf Div (Ger) def. 1 Inf Division (Fr) with the loss of 8 Inf Div (Ger).
Week 37:
-East of Nancy:
--1 Rail Gun, 3 Siege Guns, 12 210 MM Guns & 2 Light Artillery bombarded followed by Ruprecht's 5th Corps & 18 Inf Div(Ger) def. 9 Inf Div(Fr) with German losses totaling 11 Inf Div.
--4 Inf Div (Fr) def. 1 German Machine Gun & 2 Inf Div(Ger).

Tarnesvar (1914 Week 36): 1 Russian Corps def. 1 Austrian Corps.

-2nd Battle of Calais (1914 Week 37):
5 Zeppelins, 3 Seige Guns bombarded & 11 Inf Div (Br) def. 5 Inf Div 1 Machine Gun & 1 Armoured Car (Ger). British losses: 2 Inf Div.

Near Arras (1914 Week 39): 3 Siege Guns, 12 210 MM Guns & 2 Light Artillery bombarded & Falkenhayn's 4th Corps, Wyorsh's 1st Corps, 4 Flamethrower Divs & 1 Kavallerie Div (Ger) def. 1 French Corps, 3 French T Divs & 1 Machine Gun (Fr) with the loss of 4 Flamethrowers (Ger).

-North Sea (1914 Week 39):
4 Light Cruisers & 7 Dreadnoughts bombarded while 5 Dreadnoughts & 1 Submarine (Ger) def. 2 Armored Cruisers & 4 Destroyers (Fr)

-Sibiu (1914 Week 39):
-Russian forces capture the Austrian City of Sibiu.

-2nd Battle of Ypres (1914 Week 39):
The Royal Navy's Grand Fleet bombarded & 25 Inf Div (Br) & 1 Corps def. 1 Machine Gun, 12 Inf Div & 16 Art (Ger). British losses: 8 Inf Div.

Ypres (1914 Week 40): Ruprecht's 5th Corps (Ger) def. 1 British Corps (Br).

-The Naval Battle of Antwerp (1914 Week 41):
The Germans had lost 14 Dreadnoughts, 4 Light Cruisers, 4 Destroyers and 1 Submarine. The Royal Navy lost 8 Dreadnoughts, 2 Light Cruisers and 2 Destroyers.

I would be reasonably interested in joining. The main fact that appeals to me is that the alliances haven't been formed so there should be a lot more reason for diplomacy and I think this is something that should be encouraged, perhaps even having a diplomacy period during the first turn where everyone gets used to their empire but cannot declare war on the first turn so that there is more time to set up possible alliances.

I haven't received any replies so I have decided to give more details concerning the game.

ATTENTION: WE ARE NOW GOING TO USE TGW Div Multiplayer 1.0

The game has several unique rule changes. The most obvious are the addition of various unique units. Included are the German Fokker DR1, the British Sopwith Camel, the French FT17 (Tank), Dreadnoughts, Machine Gunners, Gas Shells, and many, many more!

Prolly the most unique rule change is the addition of several improvements...
The British have ANZAC-Canadian Reinforcements, French have French Colonial Reinforcements, the Germans have Ruhr Factories, and the Russians have Russian Reinforcements...all of which produce their respective nation's infantry ever x number of turns. And the most important impovement is the great wonder called, American War Entry which produce American Infantry to fight for that nation thus representing American Entry into the war.

As far as alliances are concerned, there NOW ARE pre-set alliances at the beginning of the game...

Right now this is how things stack up:

The Nations (Turn order, Nation, Player, e-mail, and Alliance):

1-Itlay--Dazz G, darren.gourley at ntlworld dot com
2-Germany--BKGreatWarnut, brian_klee4 at hotmail dot com, or bmklee at svsu dot edu
3-Russia--Aeon221, e-mail still needed!
4-France--LouLong, mantaray at club-internet dot fr
5-Austria--Dell19, dell19_UG at hotmail dot com
6-Britain--Dazz G, darren.gourley at ntlworld dot com
7-Ottomans--Detlef Richter, Dnaturfoto at aol dot com
8-Neutrals--AI

We could still use one more player. They can choose between Germany or Italy as I will switch to accomadate their preference... The game is filling up fast and I expect it to be starting relatively shortly...

In your post you should give your preferred nation and any questions you have concerning the game which there is a link to in the first post along with your email

Yep. At least I am almost certain it will be and also that it would be using patch 1.22

It's great to know that there is some growing interest to try out the scenario... Anyways, I guess that I will go with Germany unless someone else requests them... In that case, I will go with the Ottomans...

By the way, this is CV3C v 1.22...

I will post my turns ASAP and sorry for the delay in my turn...

BK

-Game sent to Spain

You just posted that in the wrong thread didn't you? :)

You confused me for a moment as to how this PBEM could have started but I guess you were talking about the WW2 scenario.

I would like to try Germany :)

Edit: Oh dear... the map is indeed much smaller, man... I think I will pass this time, sry

If you guys no anyone who would be interested, we could use one more at least, if not more...

Right now it looks like we have 3...unless Random Fan changes his/her mind...
We need at least 4 so we hopefully end up with a 2 vs. 2 plus the AI

Germany-???
Britain-Provolution
France-???
Russia-???
Austria-Dell19
Ottomans-BKGreatWarnut
Italy-???
Balkans-???

One more thing, we will have a gentlemen's 2 turn diplomacy time (no war) in which each nation gets a chance to form alliances and mobilize for war.

I'm not sure how fun it would be if the game wasn't full of players as the AI's diplomacy isn't exactly great.

count me in

as russia of course

Ok, we are probably going to start soon...

Nations: (and turn number as of 8/17)

Please send your e-mail address and let me know if it is ok to post it

1-Germany-
2-Britain-Provolution
3-France-Detlef Richter
4-Russia-Luk
5-Austria-Dell19
6-Itlay-Delpjero
7-Ottomans-BKGreatWarnut
8-Balkans-

Please send me e-mails ASAP and try to get at least

Extremely odd considering that they are the most powerful country in this scenario...

If someone would prefer playing as the Ottomans instead of the Germans, I would gladly change civs...

Top Bottom