[Civ2] WW1 scenario

Jarek Noschese

Prince Gordon
One guy did a walkthrough of the DEFAULT WW1 scenario included in CiC several years ago as the Italians. Here's the link to the playlist: https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLpXUwhndw3NIXL2qdnj73TVU84XJPbUay

Is there like, ANY information on this scenario ANYWHERE else on the web? Or at least here on Civfanatics? It's my FAVORITE Civ2 scenario so far (I've recently just done it as the Germans).

I'll post BASIC information on the scenario once I get the chance, but here's what's KNOWN.

Unplayable: Americans

Playable: everyone else

Negotiations: unrestricted, except that negotiations between the French and Germans are absolutely forbidden

Research: unrestricted, except that NO amount of technological trading will work, and you're stuck in the Industrial Era for the duration of the scenario

Diplomacy: unrestricted, except that Diplomats and Spies are unavailable (it's ALL about the military)

Barbarians: Roving Bands

Austro Prussian ("protagonistic" bad guys) Decisive...

Defeat: 33 Objectives or less

Victory: all 75 Objectives

Wonders are Objectives, BTW.

Objective Point Scoring rules...

Decisive Defeat: 1000×(# o' objectives÷100)

Decisive Victory: 1000+(# o' objectives×10)

Wonder Weapons Lab* and United Nations: the only 2 objectives which aren't immediately visible on the map (I don't know how to actually unlock them, or if it's even possible at all)

*has the same effect as Darwin's Voyage in a STANDARD Civ2 game

High Council: I recommend turning them OFF. Only the Military Advisor will be able to have a REAL effect on your strategy for this scenario.

Tutorial Help: Turn this OFF. It's about CONQUEST, DUH.

Instant Advice: I wouldn't turn this on if I was you.

Everything else, is up to YOU.

Happiness: If you're the Russians, then take J.S. Bach's Cathedral ASAP. Trust me. You'll NEED the extra contendness since Russia's stuck with a HIGHLY corrupt Monarchy, which leaves them SPREAD thin for diverting Trade towards Luxuries. In FACT, NO side can change their form of government in this scenario.

Pollution, is turned OFF.

Last edited:
Top Bottom