1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

WW1+WW2+ColdWar+Modern Warfare

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Scenarios' started by MaxRiga, May 7, 2006.

1. NKVD

NKVD Cossack

I guess i'll have to uninstall warlords someday to play those...

hum and you live in Montreal?

2. MaxRiga

MaxRiga Chieftain

well, you have one more option to play this mod and do not uninstall warlords - remake mod for warlords ;)

yes, i'm living in Montreal for now

but u definately do not live in Stalingrad, don't u? :)))

3. NKVD

NKVD Cossack

I actually live in Montreal and was lloking for someone to teach me russian... what do you say?

4. MaxRiga

MaxRiga Chieftain

i see no problems in it, but please, write me email, this forum is mostly for civ4 discussions ;)

5. MaxRiga

MaxRiga Chieftain

6. MaxRiga

MaxRiga Chieftain

ok
    finally I've played first time my own scenario from the beginning till victory! :)))
    I was playing 1961 scenario for two whole days on QUIK speed. I was aimed on Space Victory and wasn't really interested in any wars. If u know my 1961 scenario is mostly USSRvsUSA/NATO game. But, as u know, local conflicts are happening all the time. I didn't want to break my alliance with China ( as u know it breaks if other country attacks another ) but I've finally decide to give China some techs so it will attack India ( I knew India in alliance with Japan. So, Japan attacked China and break it alliance with USA and NATO ). My plan worked out fine and China with the help of my gifts ( some t72's and MI24's ) occupied India and became very valuable Super Power for my pro Soviet alliance. Unfortunately at this time USA also occupied whole South America by attacking Argentina ( in late 60's Argentina and China destroyed Brazil. Argentina had very good military help from Moscow ;) ). So I didn't want to have war with USA but I also couldn't ignore its rising tech and economical power. At the middle 70s Soviet economy was in very bad shape, my income was +10 and inflation eat all my profits. Soviets were 3rd or 4rd at tech rank and I kinda stuck. I didn't have money any more for my spies to continue oil or uranium mines sabotaging. But miracle has happened! America
    attacked its alliance - UK. Uk at this time was in alliance with Canada and NATO. So, America was fighting with other two top ranked countries with huge ( British ) fleet and big army of Canada ( unfortunately Canada still has Military Generation II at this time and was producing old ww2 tanks and infantries ). At this point I understand that this is the right time to attack because British were killing Yankees on seas and American army is melting in Canada ( Yankees already coptured Toronto, N.Territories and something else ). So it took me about 10 turns for building up bunch of MI24's, T72's for three transport groups, ( Murmansk, Vladivostok and Cuba ). I had already in use five Tactical Nukes ( USA had about 10 or 12 at the moment ) and i had four nuclear submarines patrolling around USA ( two on Pacific and two in Atlantic waters ).
    My attack was "fast and furies". Early morning in 1977 ( as u see on attached picture ) soviet nukes had exploded in New York, Washington, Panama ( there was big base of American b17 bombers ), Los Angeles and Atlanta and eliminated lot of American army. I had three Il26's bombers in Cuba, so, they helped me a lot by killing less of what American fleet had. From my transports I lent my army in New York , Lost Angeles, Panama and Washington. America immediately asked for peace to Canada. Right after I opened my borders with Canada ( they agreed to do that only during my war with USA, by the way ) and I presented Mexico ( I also occupied this City a bit later ) and New York to Canadians. My spies and planes destroyed almost all mines, farms and cottages in South and North America. I never wanted to hold American cities ( my expenses of army and cities were already very high ) so I was just air striking from Canadian Mexico, Vancouver and New York. Then I left American cities just keeping only strategically city of Panama. America was absolutely ruined and economically destroyed ( but it was still on the second score place ). So, there were nothing to say more since this war just let me to win in this game. Good to me I always had good army so I could very fast react on this inside NATO conflict.
    he he, very nice game :))))

Attached Files:

7. feldmarshall

feldmarshall Dictator

you can play vanilla without uninstalling warlords

8. MaxRiga

MaxRiga Chieftain

ye, he knows
    we have been playing with him online already, he he

9. hellwitch

hellwitch Chieftain

Is it possible to set vertical scroll (like in Fall from Havean) on the tech tree because it is hard to see the dependencies .

10. MaxRiga

MaxRiga Chieftain

I never played Fall from Heaven mod since I don't really like fantasies games/mods/videos :))) But yes - I have a problem with tech tree :(( and I'm not gonna work on this part of my mod, volunteers to help me in this are welcome!

11. Healz

Healz General

I look forward to Beyond the Sword when it comes out for all the new features. It seems to be even better than C3C was for Civ III. It looks to have everything good. Can't wait.

12. hellwitch

hellwitch Chieftain

Ok. Can you give some other picture of the tech tree becase it is very time consuming to read it from the Civilopedia. I've began a 1941 scenario game with the arabs and it take me 10-15 min to consider with tech to research next. Anyway the scenario is great.

13. Healz

Healz General

Any ETA on Version 2 of 5.3?

14. MaxRiga

MaxRiga Chieftain

sorry mate, i know my tech tree is messed up. In fact I never paid attention on how it looks in tech tree screen but all tech are very wisely chosen ( for example u will not be able to build modern planes without basics ones, or you need "Modern Communication" tech to develop "Modern Infantries" and many more. As I said all tech are connected very wisely )

I can give u a little hint if u r playing arabs - don't trust russia even if u have allies :))) They've betrayed me many time when I was playing Arabs :)))

what ETA is?

15. Healz

Healz General

I think that Graves Commando could make a very good US Marine. I don't really like how the Navy Seal is both Special Operations and the Marine unit while Russia has both the Spetnez and the NKVD. See what you think about that. However, at any rate, I will endeavour when your release comes out to put the finishing touches to what I have done with the Unit Coding, Techs and Buildings. If I get around to it this will be one of the most polished mods outside of Firaxis because so far as I know, no-one else is voicing all their quotes. Oh, well we will see what you think of my voicing when I get it done. Healz.

16. MaxRiga

MaxRiga Chieftain

you haven't answered what ETA is.
    there are no special graphics/units for Marines done and posted here, on this forum, so far. this why i'm using standard Navy Seal unit graphic. I might replace it when someone makes a special unit for it ( like Mujahiden as UU for Arab Marines ).

17. Healz

Healz General

Estimated Time of Arrival. It refers to things as diverse as books, software, Aircraft Arrivals, etc. It means that I am asking what time approximately we might see Version two of 5.3 available for download. It might be just an abbreviation that I have got used to using. It is the same as AFAIK- As Far As I Know and is a recognized abbreviation. Okay, I see. I will need to talk to the creator of that gun-pack because I think he does some swapping out of the gun so the normal marine with an M-16 would look better.

18. MaxRiga

MaxRiga Chieftain

oh, i see, thx
    so ETA is middle june :)))
    I saw this unit of Graves Commando and I din't find any special, so i will not use it ( it might be ok for UU for Australia maybe, but not sure )

19. hellwitch

hellwitch Chieftain

i wish USSR to atack me but it still doesn't happend.(i have tactica nukes the don't;) ) The game is in 1965 now and is stuck in DPs. I am going for a nuke war in the future because USA take the two americas except Canada.

20. MaxRiga

MaxRiga Chieftain

oh, how have u got nukes so fast ???????? :confused:
    make me screen !!!!!!!!!