WW2 Europe + North America Scenario

Hi excuse me for being not so smart i downloaded this scenario today but when i try to play it i get this :["art\advisors\italy_all.pcx"not found game will now close ] i have no idea what to do . (just in case i dowloaded the Civilopedia and other stuff too)

i would apreciate very much if i can get a step by step in the intalation .And an explanation of the steps.{its the 1st time i dowload a Scenario)

bart, very detailed instructions are here...
http://home.comcast.net/~captainblak/README.txt
more information is on the homepage itself including the newest
biq file (the biq file is the real scenario file while the rest of the files are
there to support it).
http://home.comcast.net/~captainblak/
-----
but in summary-
u need the zip file and the unit files from ur pacific conquest scenario.
to play the newest version, u will need the updated biq files and the
civilopedia.txt and pediaicon.txt file.
if u still need more instructions, let me know and i will write step by step.

thanks ,ill try that.

My problem is i cant find WW2Europe+NorthAfrica\text or \Arts or the specific Units of a scenario only the GAME`s text and arts. I couldnt find a file that specificly said WW2 pacific units.or WW2 Europe Arts.

:confused:

:confused: i found the Pacific Units but i cant find where to copy them to because there is no WW2 Europe Units or text folder i can find.

sorry for asking a lot I just want to do it the right way.

(wow i filled a whole page: curse my stupidity :crazyeye: )

I thought i had done it but after waiting 10mins during the configuiring of the Scenario I got this bloody message:"Art\Units\British Rifleman\British Rifleman.INI" not found "the game will now exit".Im soooo lucky some times :mad: :mad: :mad:
Now i`m going to try to copy the British Rifleman from PTW {extras=WorldWar2} to the Scenario .

:D Finally i did it! my problem was that i couldnt copy the the PTWunits downloaded in the Main Scenario page to the Art folder of the scenario i still dont know why but i solved the problem by copying the units one by one and then paste to the Art folder of the scenario .

Anyway , its a greaat scenhario a bit slow for my taste(takes about 8mins to configure and6 more between turns) but still is very realistic :goodjob: and i can see u spend a lot of time making it :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: .

Looks like A GOOD SCENARIO! can't wait to play it. I'm just downloading it now! Most of the files I download turn out unsucessful, so I'll just have to wait and see with this one!

Here is a sugestion to be a bit more historically accurate:
The line of forts between France and Germany I think is the Maginot line well it never extended all the way to Italy It only covered the German border known as the Rhineland and the south of Belgium but the guns at the south of Belgium only fired into Germany because they werent build on turets to save money,they were less defended and had large gaps between them thats why they were the only part of the line to be captured. And there was a ;arghe gap in Mulhouse too.

I think that the reason for the maginot line going down to Italy is to represent that the Italians didn't really have much of a chance in reality of invading France. They did try toawards the end of Frances fight in 1940, and they got their ass kicked. The Italians did occupy Menton during the war though.

Anyways, this scenario is top class.

Anyone had much experiance on the higher levels? I started a game on SID today (as Germans), as I only got back from month away a couple days ago. Still playing with modded VP points in. Anyone know how putting it up to SID effects the AI?

yeah comradedavo is right. i tried to make it hard for the italians to invade france in the south.
i haven't tried playing at a higher level than emperor but i guess what will happen is that the other nations will be able to produce weapons really fast.
it will be a rush against time to conquer as much before they build up formidable defences.

Yeh I was hoping it would be something like that. The harder the AI to crack, the more fun. One thing to note is that they are actually using spys against me, 4 turns in and someone launched a propaganda campaign against one of my cities near the polish border (i left 3/4 polish cities for the Soviets to capture and there being slow about it). And I caught the americans trying to plant a spy.

The AI already annoyed me cuz the Italians decided to raze the VP location of el amien to the ground, but i expected some of that after reading your posts earlier in the thread.

Yea, but the italians are pretty much useless as it is(they only have like 42 units and 2 armies near the french) they dont need a brick wall to stop them from invading. And other thing maybe the french tanks should have lesser attack to show the french didnt develop tanks because they thought the maginot line alone would defend them and stop a german invasion.

In the game i've been playing the Italians are rather keen to stick it to the french, attacking their units at every possibility during my invasion of France. I've started using it to my advantage, by bombing the french immobile units on the maginot line and leaving them to the Italians to finish off.

The Ai has impressed me with it's use of spys yet again, launching more propaganda attacks and capturing the sppy i planted in washington within one turn.

Right. First of all, let me explain that as far as these machines go I am completely incompetent (thankyou very much British Education System). Good.Now that that's out of the way, may I say how nice this scenario looks. HOWEVER, much as I would like to play this metaphoric work of art, it won't let me. Every time I try to start up, it give's me a message: File not found Art\Units\T-34\T-34.INI . I looked in my Art\Units file and, lo and behold- said file was indeed, not there, along with several others including the FW190 and others. Therefore, could you please tell me where I can find these art files so that I can experience this masterpiece?
:) Thankyou

oh, and Bart S- the French actually had the best tanks of all of the countries at the beginning of WWII, due to the desire never to face the horrors of WWI and Trench warfare again. However, they simply didn't have enough of them, having only one or two tank divisions as opposed to twenty-nine German tank divisions at the beginning of the war. The British had no tank divisions whatsoever, simply using 2 mechanised divisions... therefore, the Germans were able to rapidly outflank the French and force them to surrender, even though the French tanks were superior.
Another interesting thing about the French was that they seemed to spurn the use of aircraft. I was watching a history program the other day which showed the French airforce performing a mass- take-off to engage the Luftwaffe. They were flying bi-planes.
Cheese-eating surrender monkeys.

Wife of Tempo- Well i dont know everything about history.About your problem i think you have the same problem i had you have to download the extra PTW units at the scenario`s main page there is a link at the upper part of this page.(im not smart at machines either ;) )

I forgot to tell you sometimes the file of the ptw units can have units missing .What i did was to go to the ptw files and copied them manually one by one to the scenario Art/Units/ file (what a pain in the butt that was).

Oh damn.. soo many great WW2 Mods... seems quite pointless to finish my mod... What i can say already is that the Turkhan Mod was abit too much for my computer and i fall asleep when the AI is doing turns over 15 minutes. Hope this one is more playable...
Anyway i am going to finish my little WW2 Mod... maybe someone will like it. Wonder why i didnt find this page all the time... i think i played Civ the first time on Amiga ...
i mean i am quite long with the game ... the only game that motivates me again and again to play.. however it seems a big challenge for many to create the perfect WW2 Scenarios. Really lots of stuff here.. quite impressed... hope it will help to finish my little mod. Trying to figure out how to add new unit grafics currently and found these threads here hehe...

Thanks Bart- i got it working- it was what you said..... anyway, i'm doing alright- have battered most of Europe and invaded Britain- now to destroy those filthy commies and the world is mine. Mwah ha ha.....
I have a life....... really, i do.

Top Bottom