1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

WW2 Fighter: CAC Boomerang

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Unit Graphics' started by snafusmith, Sep 24, 2016.

1. snafusmith

snafusmith Unit Maker

The CAC Boomerang was an indigenous produced fighter made by Australia during WW2.

Preview
    Spoiler :

This unit was requested by Jonarus_Drakus

DOWNLOAD HERE!

ENJOY!
    -Smitty

Last edited: Oct 7, 2016
  2. Hulfgar

Hulfgar Chieftain

Nice unit to use for the Pacific nations :)

could you do this Douglas A4 Skyhawk as well ?

3. Hulfgar

Hulfgar Chieftain

4. snafusmith

snafusmith Unit Maker

Hulfgar - It's funny you bring those 2 up. I was actually looking at the A4 last night and also thinking I needed more mobile artillery. If nothing it would be nice to have models and textures ready for whenever we get the ability to make units for Civ6. So yes, I'll probably work on those next. :)

5. Hulfgar

Hulfgar Chieftain

6. snafusmith

snafusmith Unit Maker

I'll probably leave the CAESAR on the back burner for now.

After the next few units I'm going to focus on making models/textures for the earlier modern units (biplanes, tanks, fighters, bombers - think WW1 and WW2) since I think they'd get the most use.

I also want to get some of my existing units polished up for an eventual input into Civ6. I'm really crossing my fingers that Firaxis will give us a way to get our artwork into Civ6 quickly!

7. Jonarus_Drakus

Jonarus_Drakus Chieftain

Thanks! I really love my 'little Boomer' in War-Thunder!

If you get the time in future, there are a couple of other aircraft that would work along side the Boomerang (being 'native' designs for the most part, whether based on overseas designs or not):

1) Wirraway (Aboriginal for 'Challenge' - Another personal fav from War-Thunder): A two-man light 'ground attack' dive-bomber - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CAC_Wirraway
    2) Womera: A prototype light/medium bomber - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CAC_Woomera
    3) Kangaroo: Post-war potential Mustang replacer, rejected in favour of Jets - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CAC_CA-15

~JD