WW2-Global Unofficial v2.7 Graphics Update

tom2050

Deity
WW2-Global Unofficial 2.7 Graphics Update

THIS IS AN UNOFFICIAL Fan-created graphics update. Rocoteh is still involved in WW2-Global and it is a living project that he continues to improve upon. He has stated that he plans to release a new version. I have simply made this graphics update (with Rocoteh's ok) because I love this mod and to give it a fresh breath of life! When Rocoteh releases a new version, this unofficial update will be removed.

Description
This unofficial 2.7 WW2-Global Graphics Update was completed with Rocoteh's permission and makes no changes to gameplay from version 2.6. It does include alternative scenario with minor changes to get US more actively involved in the war.

Everything is included in the download to run this mod, just download, unzip, put in your conquests/scenarios directory, and you are done.

A mass of graphical updates were done for units, as well as various fixes on unit sound files, unit animations, tech icons, leaderheads, additions to the civilopedia, terrain modifications and colouring. Some infantry unit graphics were added, but the majority went into specific ground units, aircraft, and naval ships. A log is included of updates done from the original v2.6. Note: the screenshots only skim the surface of the updates done. All graphics used match the actual unit, or a very close match was used (if a graphic was unavailable). Also, some animations were re-flc'd and sounds were modified to make animations more fluid. Make sure to check out the A-Bomb! Enjoy.

Scenario Creator: Rocoteh

Original Scenario Creator: Meateater.

Graphic Update Creator: Tom2050

Download Link - You can now only download WW2-Global at the SOE-site below:

-------------------------------------------------------
http://www.stormoverciv.org/forums/showthread.php?p=20200#post20200
-------------------------------------------------------

Link to important info on WW2-Global written by Bob1475:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showth...page=192&pp=20

Link to unit-list made by Andreas68
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showth...09#post6161709

Recommended minimum computer capacity: 2 GB RAM and Quad-Core Processor.

WW-2 Global Official SOE thread by Rocoteh (which has v2.6 available):
http://www.stormoverciv.org/forums/showthread.php?t=513

WW-2 Global Official CFC thread by Rocoteh:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=107698

SPECIAL THANKS to ROCOTEH for this tremendous WW2 Scenario and all those who have assisted in it's creation!

How to install:

Place both unzipped downloads in the Conquests Scenario-folder.
VERY IMPORTANT: You must download both the "huge" download
and the biq-file. Otherwise the scenario will not run!

1. Choose the "huge" download, 477 MB.

2. Right click on it.

3. Choose Explore.

4. Now you will see the WW2-Global folder. Choose copy.

5. Locate the Scenarios-folder in Conquests. Choose it and then
choose paste. It will take some time since it is 477 MB.

6. Repeat the above procedure with the biq-file (the small download).

Recommended minimum computer capacity: 2 GB RAM and Quad-Core Processor.

Credits:

Scenario Creator: Rocoteh.

Original Scenario Creator: Meateater.

Original Scenario Developers: Meateater and Rocoteh

Research: Rocoteh and Meateater.

Map: Aeldrik

Resized map: CellKu

Unit Graphics: Recon1591, ripptide, vingrjoe and Wyrmshadow, Winter, TopGun, Gary Childress, Rhodie, Ares de Borg, and many others.

Unit_32 File: zulu9812, updated by Tom2050 for this version.

Special thanks to CellKu for the resized map and general support.
Special thanks to saulosi and Tom2050 for the improved Civilopedia file.
Also special thanks to El Justo for general support.
Special thanks to Bob1475 for the ReadMe file.
Special thanks to Andreas68 for the unit-list.

Full list of credits through various versions can be found at WW2-Global thread:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=107698

House rules for victory.

Western Allies: Occupy Berlin, Rome and Tokyo.

Soviet: Occupy Berlin.

France: Control all cities in continental France and French Africa
the last week 1945.

China: When Japan no longer controls any city on mainland Asia.

Germany and Italy: Occupy all cities continental France, United Kingdom
(The Bristish Isles). Occupy Leningrad, Moscow,Stalingrad, Grozny
Kazan and Sverdlovsk.

Japan: Occupy all cities in China, Australia. Occupy Calcutta and Bombay.
Occupy Seattle, San Francisco, Los Angeles and San Diego.

Regard the above rules as an alternative to the standard rules.

Western Allies versus Soviet.

If you play some of the Western Allies or Soviet you can continue
the war after that the Axis powers have been defeated.

In such a case standard rules apply.

House rule on razing of cities:

A human player may not with intention raze a city.

Info by Rocoteh

WW2-Global begins with US, Britain, France, Poland, China, Netherlands, Persia, and Belgium in a locked alliance at war with Germany, Italy, Japan, and Finland.

This is as eveyone knows not historic. However consider the alternative:

On turn 3 Britain and France declare war on US!

I have discussed the issue with an expert on C3C AI here at CFC,
and we agreed on that within the current game-engine the first solution
is the best.

Info by Rocoteh

The border between Germany and Poland September 1939.

Border-Germany-Poland.jpg

Looks good! Definitely does improve the graphics. Downloading now.

Great job, Tom! :goodjob: This will certainly bring some new life into WW2-Global. Too bad I still don't have the capacity to run it smoothly :sad:

Have you tried turning off unnecessary processes and setting the processor priority on Civ3 to High? That can boost the power of your system a bit (without overclocking).

Though granted, you should look into whichever processes you are going to terminate before doing so. Some are necessary.

This is, of course, if you're using a Windows OS. You'd have to ask other CFC'ers about other OS's.

Have you tried turning off unnecessary processes and setting the processor priority on Civ3 to High? That can boost the power of your system a bit (without overclocking).

Though granted, you should look into whichever processes you are going to terminate before doing so. Some are necessary.

This is, of course, if you're using a Windows OS. You'd have to ask other CFC'ers about other OS's.

The biggest difference I have noticed is memory. My old system had 512MB, and I stuck in another 256 and even that increased game speed by a very noticeable amount. Granted, processor speed is also important, but that is not something most (including myself) are likely to replace! Your suggestions will make a difference, programs running in the background can slow computers to a halt, and many can go unnoticed when they put themselves in the startup. Try running MSconfig to get rid of those.

BTW, just as a poll, do you think the Fixed Coastal Defence unit graphics that protect Great Britain's shores look too bulky? Do you think they look better or worse than in official v2.6 looked..

graphic as is now:

The original graphic:

Tom

The biggest difference I have noticed is memory. My old system had 512MB, and I stuck in another 256 and even that increased game speed by a very noticeable amount. Granted, processor speed is also important, but that is not something most (including myself) are likely to replace! Your suggestions will make a difference, programs running in the background can slow computers to a halt, and many can go unnoticed when they put themselves in the startup. Try running MSconfig to get rid of those.

But you must always research the process before you mess with it. Better to waste time looking up a process that you can stop, then stopping one that will cause headaches later.

Not so much replacing the processor, but after switching to the Processes list, (Ctrl+Alt+Delete, then click the "Processes" tab) right click "Civ3Conquests.exe". Highlight "Set Priority", and select either "High" or "Above Normal". That should add a boost things a bit.

There is the option of "Realtime" but from what I've heard from all my colleagues in the IT field is to NOT use it. It only causes problems.

BTW, just as a poll, do you think the Fixed Coastal Defence unit graphics that protect Great Britain's shores look too bulky? Do you think they look better or worse than in official v2.6 looked..

graphic as is now:

The original graphic:

Tom

As the guy that made it, it looks gawdawful in that context. If I had time I'd make something more appropriate.

As the guy that made it, it looks gawdawful in that context. If I had time I'd make something more appropriate.

The graphic indeed is a very good graphic, but as you stated, I placed it out of context of what it is supposed to be used for. I had an idea for something that would work quite well for a coastal defence, and would be somewhat easy to create, but would have to re-familiarize myself with 3DS Max (it's been a very long time since I have used it, and am no expert on 3d graphics creation anyways).

Tom

Top Bottom