WW2 scenario - STALINGRAD

MaxRiga

Emperor

Hi
this is fun scenario based on real area map of the city Stalingrad.

The map is perfect eather 1x1 multiplayer or single game. Scenario is based on MaxRigaMod, so, u must have it ( download it from THERE ).

There are only two playable nations - USSR vs NAZI Germany. Germans have military priority at the begining, so, you better hurry up your production if you play for USSR ;)

enjoy your game ;)

Stalingrad1.zip (14.7 KB, 33 views)
Stalingrad2.zip (14.7 KB, 274 views)
Stalingrad3.zip (14.8 KB, 310 views)
stalingrad4.zip (14.8 KB, 216 views)

Attachments

• Stalingrad5.JPG
    Stalingrad5.JPG
    152.9 KB · Views: 2,928
  • stalingradingame.JPG
    stalingradingame.JPG
    171.5 KB · Views: 6,907
  • usatostalingrad.jpg
    usatostalingrad.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 1,837
  • stalingrad5.zip
    14.8 KB · Views: 1,282
Good to see a scenario like this from a family history perspective. My grandfather was a Colonel in the Wehrmacht during the Siege of Stalingrad. As you can probably guess, he did not survive it.

I also have credible records that connect my family to the Teutonic Knights. If I ever get time I would like to create a scenario involving them.

thx dude
there are two bugs in my mod already fixed to play this scenario with better options - armored car can load and unload easily ( and this is important for this map ) and sdfk armored car is fixed too. But it will be in 4th version of MaxRigaMod in couple of weeks only.

MaxRiga said:
there are two bugs in my mod already fixed to play this scenario with better options - armored car can load and unload easily ( and this is important for this map ) and sdfk armored car is fixed too. But it will be in 4th version of MaxRigaMod in couple of weeks only.

Thats good, and in the fourth version i thought would be a good idea to use the national anthem of the country for that Civ's diplo music. Like USA uses
Star-Spangled Banner

If you are looking for tips on how to improve this and if you have Civ2 laying around, check out "The Red Front" scenario by Captain Nemo. Its here on CFC, that scenario and "The Second Front: Normandy Invasion" are the best scenario's ever made by far. Its a shame no one has implemented in Civ3 and Civ4 what those two scenario's used.

This is a really ingenious idea. A scenario that takes place on the city scale. Never seen anything quite like this.

Its a shame no one has implemented in Civ3 and Civ4 what those two scenario's used.

so, u've been waiting for the "best" scenario for 6 or 7 years already and have never even been trying to make it by ur self? :)))) such a shame, man, lol.
seriously, i don't have civ2 but i believe my scenario is not the best one. but i hope people will like it anyway ;)

This is a really ingenious idea. A scenario that takes place on the city scale. Never seen anything quite like this.

thank you, just thought this is going to be more interesting ( or usual for rts likers ) for multiplayer games ;)

SunTzu said:
If you are looking for tips on how to improve this and if you have Civ2 laying around, check out "The Red Front" scenario by Captain Nemo. Its here on CFC, that scenario and "The Second Front: Normandy Invasion" are the best scenario's ever made by far. Its a shame no one has implemented in Civ3 and Civ4 what those two scenario's used.

Couldn't agree more. :(

dh_epic said:

There was a Stalingrad scenario for Civ2 that looks identical to this. It was good fun, I shall have to give this one a try and see if it compares :D

Hi

Stalingrad 1941 scenario works fine occasionally I get units that black out, and no sound for the T-34 ever.

I don't think the computer uses artillary in a combined arms sense as GE they stick them in the cities and never use them.

with no air cover range its tough supporting advances also no production on either side really hurts GE, both sides should recieve reinforcments in the timeline.

I would have liked to see more units per side to start but overall its a fun battle to fight thanks mate.

Hello,

this scenario was fantastic. I really enjoyed it!

In 3rd week of June I controlled whole Stalingrad, (I had reached the outskirts already in May, but we had some heavy fighting for Centralnii Raion). Then in the end of October I crossed the Volga, in the 1st week of April 1942 finally the last Soviet-Unit had to surrender.
I have to admit that I played only Prince-Level.
Afterall I spent 3 hours of fun and I get so much memories about Panzer General.

Now I would love to see other scenarios like that, like Kursk or Moscow or Crete. It is a fantastic piece of work.

best wishes
Ruediger

Rod said:
Hello,

this scenario was fantastic. I really enjoyed it!

In 3rd week of June I controlled whole Stalingrad, (I had reached the outskirts already in May, but we had some heavy fighting for Centralnii Raion). Then in the end of October I crossed the Volga, in the 1st week of April 1942 finally the last Soviet-Unit had to surrender.
I have to admit that I played only Prince-Level.
Afterall I spent 3 hours of fun and I get so much memories about Panzer General.

Now I would love to see other scenarios like that, like Kursk or Moscow or Crete. It is a fantastic piece of work.

best wishes
Ruediger

Idea: Let's try that for Berlin in the last days of WWII.

Idea: Let's try that for Berlin in the last days of WWII.

i've been already thinking about d-day or berlin ( 1x1 or 2x2 more for multiplayer ) but d-day is too big ( lot of cities and land fortification on the beach will not work out ) but Berlin is big city and it's kinda hard to make street fightings in civ4. so, Stalingrad was optimal for this. any way, u guys can try whatever u want ! ;)

Top Bottom