WWII Europe: Small, Fast & Beautiful

I get an error saying it cannot find something to do with PediaIcons when I try to load it :(

My game just crashed when I built the "Great Wonder" Oil Refinery.

Edit: Just played it again to make sure. The error reads as follows..

ERROR READING FILE
Missing entry in "Scenarios/WWII Europe/text/PediaIcons.txt"
WON_SPLASH_BLDG_Oil_Refinery

The game will now exit.

Paasky said:
a) Have you updated it?
b) What error exactly?
I guess I installed it in the wrong order or some files to the wrong path, upon reinstalling I no longer get the error. But now the game seems to crash when it gets to 'configuring scenario'. The map will have loaded partially, but suddenly seems to stop loading. I've had the same problem with another scenario I tried to install.
Is it just taking a while to configure? My PC is a lot above the min specs, and it doesn't appear to be using up any CPU as I can alt-tab out and bring up internet explorer with no slowness. So I'm not quite sure what is up with that.

Erh...well, being the impatient person that I am, I went ahead and fixed the problem with the Oil Refinery. :p It was just missing an entry in PediaIcons.txt file, so I went in there and put it in and told it to bring up the "not done" screen when the Oil Refinery is completed. If that hasn't been fixed in a patch yet, here attached is my copy of the PediaIcons.txt file.

I'm releasing v1.3 soon, it will fix this and add a few new things. (This is what happens when you think that everything new works...)

Beeble: I don't know what's wrong with that... try to wait for atleast 5min, as civs loading scenario is a bit wierd...

Hey Paasky, I love this scenario! It really is what it says "Small, Fast and Beautifull" :)

... but, after playing a couple of turns I get an error message saying the game couldn't load "art/units/g_torpedo_boat/g_torpedo_boat.ini".

I tried to look in the specified folder, but there was no folder named "g_torpedo_boat".. Is this a missing unit-file or what? I think I have installed the scenario correctly, and applied all the updates!

Thanks again,
Eirik.

By the way, I'm playing as Norway .. if that makes a difference:)

Paasky said:
Lillebo, that was an Old problem (before v0.5) so I think you've installed the patches wrongly. I guess you only got the small update (ie 1.0-1.1). Try any-1.3 (below) and extract it. Make sure to have "use folder names" on (its on as default).

*Version 1.3!*

New:
- New buildings: Programs
- Minor tweaks & bug fixes

http://koti.mbnet.fi/peksoft/peksoft/files/any-1.3.rar (Any to 1.3)
http://koti.mbnet.fi/peksoft/peksoft/files/1.2-1.3.rar (1.1 AND 1.2 to 1.3)

Have fun!

Well Paasky I think is time for you to think to prepare a complete submission for download instead continuous updates, on behalf all new users, and remove the old stuff. I think would be healthy for newcomers and downloaders.

I stop my game as I beat Allies very easy, before the end of 1941 I took whole UK islands, Canada and USA (I desperately needed oil). Soviets joined the fight against me (I'm playing as Germany), but too late, I'm too strong to be defeated.

Italy as ally has had a very weird behavior, I have tried to give them more, but nothing make them have a better attitude (no commerce of any kind can be done with them).

But as the versions are raining over my head I better wait to next adjustment to try again.

I was thinking of making 1.0 as a completely new Main file Download & as a patch, but decided to go for patching only. I now see that it is complicated to know which patch to get... I'll try to make it simpler soon.

I guess the reason that playing as Germany is so easy is because you didn't have operation Barbarossa at any time (I think Barbarossa was the stupidest move ever done by germany...) If you start attacking SU after you get Panzer IV's, your in trouble...

Paasky said:
I was thinking of making 1.0 as a completely new Main file Download & as a patch, but decided to go for patching only. I now see that it is complicated to know which patch to get... I'll try to make it simpler soon.

I guess the reason that playing as Germany is so easy is because you didn't have operation Barbarossa at any time (I think Barbarossa was the stupidest move ever done by germany...) If you start attacking SU after you get Panzer IV's, your in trouble...

You guessed well, is very stupid to attack SU before to get through your West line completely, in the other hand because the AI is stupid enough to attack a stronger opponnent I had to reinforce my border with Spain. I have to tell you that SU had an impressive performance taking away whole Finland, Sweden and Balkans.

Once the SU gets factories & T-34's it's almost unstoppable, and due to its large aggressivness factor it likes to go into war. Maybe I should lower it, keeping it large only with the Axis (better yet, only the Germans, as Italy's wars usually only distract the germans, but that's what really happened.)

EDIT: Background music available if the server allows. I've only been able to get .5mb at a time (using Free Download Accelerator). Don't try without a program that can resume downloads.
http://koti.mbnet.fi/peksoft/peksoft/files/wwii_music.rar

Paasky said:
Once the SU gets factories & T-34's it's almost unstoppable, and due to its large aggressivness factor it likes to go into war. Maybe I should lower it, keeping it large only with the Axis (better yet, only the Germans, as Italy's wars usually only distract the germans, but that's what really happened.)

EDIT: Background music available if the server allows. I've only been able to get .5mb at a time (using Free Download Accelerator). Don't try without a program that can resume downloads.
http://koti.mbnet.fi/peksoft/peksoft/files/wwii_music.rar

I haven't tested my server, I will make a try. I will let you know.

I agree to decrease the SU aggressivness factor, otherwise the scenario become a little non-realistic, but i.e. I decided not too follow the history so maybe is not very important.

Paasky I insist you review the geography of the map, Moscow should be more to the North, the different locations change completely the SU behavior as the closer to the capitol the easier to make the units, despite in the comunism corruption is neglectable.

Fastrack, you could move the city(s) to their right positions, as I'm not very good with Russian geography...

Yay! Got the musics downloaded (after 50+ tries with download resuming) but it came 212kbs and the rar works!

Paasky said:
Fastrack, you could move the city(s) to their right positions, as I'm not very good with Russian geography...

Yay! Got the musics downloaded (after 50+ tries with download resuming) but it came 212kbs and the rar works!

OK, I will edit the cities, and I will send it to you by EM for your approval, but will take me a week or so, because I'm traveling right now, so I will be unavailable next 4 or 5 days (enjoy your student time).

Impossible with the music, I need almost 4 hours dedicating 100% of the server, cannot be done, too expensive.

Finish with the updates?

Top Bottom