WWII Europe: Small, Fast & Beautiful

Some new stuff in v1.4 (when I finish it):
- All infantry/troop transports/flak don't cost anything to support.
- Puppet Governments work
- No more units for free, ie everything else than infantry costs 1gpt
- New SU (by Fasttrack)
- A bit more corruption
- Forced Labourer 1, 3 & 5. Costing only 1 shield, they take 1, 3 & 5 pop. points from a city (to take away huge amounts of resistors)
- ALL firing land & sea units have a ZoC
- Civilopedia texts for all units (telling of any special abilities)

I was looking forward to playing this scenario but was quite disappointed to stare at a black screen with "Loading Scenario..." and not hear my computer clicking and clacking like it's doing anything about it. :confused:

Paasky said:
What's the error exactly? Is it #WON_SPLASH_BLDG_stock_exchange? And what file doesn't it find?

Good news is that you don't have to start a new game ;)

Thanks for the quick reply P, the message says...

ERROR READING FILE

'Missing entry in 'Scenarios\WW11 Europe\text\PediaIcons.txt
WON_SPLASH_BLDG_Stock_Exchange'

I downloaded the full patch rather than the incremental. Also some of my aircraft such as IL-2 dont make sounds when attacking. Perhaps I have extracted the patch incorrectly. Hoping you can assist.
cheers
Ross

Have you tried it with the full patch installed? (Although it shouldn't make a difference with this error)

Check the Pediaicons.txt and crtl+f for "#won_splash_bldg_"
When you find them, see if you have the "#won_splash_bldg_stock_exchange" and under it "art\wonder splash\not_done.pcx"

I do find it weird if you don't have it. The problem _should_ be solved by getting the newest pediaicons from the incr. or full patch...

I know of the problem with the sounds, and I'll try to make them work in 1.4, although it's not that important (to me atleast ;) )

I could not find the "#won_splash_bldg_stock_exchange in that pediaicons file. I will re-try the full patch and see how I go.

my triumphant march towards London has recommenced. Some poor extracting was to blame, generals to be shot at dawn on the orders of comrade Stalin. Thanks for your help P, this scenario is great.

hm i get an error "art\advisors\Estonia_all.cpx" is missing :/
i found the file belgium_all.cpx - which was also missing - in the forum

do i need the play the world addon? cause i only have civ 3 + conquests

Regards

I don't have any other answer than re-extract. It is in the .rar.
Hopefully you have downloaded the Main Files(81mb) & the Full Patch(18.9mb)

No you dont need PTW, because it comes with Conquests (& is installed automatically). Aren't we lucky not to have bought PTW ;)

i like this scenario very much, it's a shame it doesn't have correct civilopedia so i have to dig my way into the editor to see what each thing is :p

something odd i noticed yesterday: i started playing with finland and i bought "advanced warfare" and "secret service" from the germans for my world map and 23 gold! (?!)

next i went speak to russia and they offered me 5000 gold, coal, oil, russian trade, etc... for one of the techs!!!

france did the same, offering me 5000 gold, 43 gpt, wines, french trade, bla bla bla

what a deal huh?!

it's probably an AI bug, maybe you should make techs not tradable, to avoid these things

Paasky said:
Update. Now. Techs are untradable, and the civilopedia is done (buildings part of it).

And there's about a thousand other things fixed too.

There is a bug with the Pe8, directory and .ini file shall read Pe-8 instead Pe8, otherwise you have to change the reference in the .txt files.

New version is very nice, but I hope you will correct the civilopedia sometime. ;)

Oh dear, I didn't notice that...

I "just" need to write the unit civilopedias again & remove the tech texts. And some desc_ stuff too, but that's not too important.

I'll start doing those soon (ie sunday & next week) and hopefully v1.4 will be out before friday.

I'm now trying to win this scenario on emperor with Latvia. It's VERY hard, Germans and Tussians keep attacking from both sides, all my locked allies are defeated. I'm just keeping up because of imported british light tanks and machine guns, but i dunno for how long i will be able to stand german and russian attacks :rolleyes:

Top Bottom