WWII Europe: Small, Fast & Beautiful

hum i just finished barbarossa..i will try this one as perhaps my last game on Civ 3...i'll play a month to nhl 2006 than switch to civ 4

are aqueducts and hospitals supposed to be buildable?u forgot a hospital in marseille and a aqueduct in cherbourg. and aren't french foreign legions supposed to be upgradable too?

No, they are not buildable. This is to prevent every single small town to grow into a huge metropolis.
Yeah, I've forgotten a few buildings here and there... Fixing those two now.
Yes, the legion is upgradable into better French Infantry.

I decided to download this scenario.

The main files downloaded fine but the any-2.2 update wants to take 2 hours on a 2mb broadband connection :crazyeye:

I cancelled that download in the hope that my next attempt would be much faster but now the file still hasn't started downloading after 10 minutes ....

Is this update available from any other site ?

Would it be possible to post the updated BIQ files separate from the main Art files?

Most scenarios creators separate the BIQ files from the Main Art files, so I don't think it's a strange question. It also allows to make small changes in the BIQ files without having to put more update files.

When I download the incremental update, I can't extract much info from there, just one folder (heavy bomber). So I don't have the latest BIQ files.

Why have 2 files to download when 1 is enough? Although the patch is the 2nd file, but if I put the .biq separately, it would require 3 files to download.

Besides, all 3 .biq's ARE in the incremental patch. With the newest civilopedia & pediaicons.

hey man i have a problem, for some reason the senario, sorry for the bad spelling, will load and the game will start up but all of a sudden as it is up loading a error will occur, file:art\units\mg_btln\mgbtln.INI and a rifle version of that error also, so far. plz help me i would appreciate it. thanks.

love poop

p.s. great lookin game though buddy:)

No, no more updates, from me atleast.

I don't have the files at this pc, so I can just give you advice:
Check these folders for that unit:

civ3\conquests\conquests\wwii pacific\art\units
civ3\conquests\scenarios\wwii europe\art\units

the .ini should be named exactly the same as the folder (so if the foldername is mg_btln, the file should be mg_btln.ini). The same with every error. If you don't have the file in either folder, extract them from the main files in the folder wwii europe\art\units into the same folder on your civ3\conquests\scenarios folder.

Remember to check what file civ3 is asking for. If it's asking for mg_btln.ini, the folder (and .ini) has to be named mg_btln.

I'll get back home in tuesday, so I'll be able to help more then. Oh yes, remember to have the latest patch installed!!!

I downloaded succesfully, and when I go and look in the scenarios folder I see the files there, but when I go to Civ-Content I don't see it. Is this where Winrar comes in handy?

Edit: Found the problem, but when I load it it says I'm missing art/advisors/Belgium_all

Edit2: I looked in the art folder, and I found all the Belgium advisor files. The art folder is in WWII Europe in wwii_full 2[1].0

Edit3: Which is in Scenarios, and the BIQ file is in Scenarios too, not wwii_full 2[1].0

Umm... what are these 2[1].0 stuff? The folder where all files (except readme & .biq's) are should be named WWII Europe and in the civ3/conquests/scenarios folder. The .biq's should be in the civ3/conquests/scenarios folder. If you extract the .rar as instructed the files should be in the correct places.

Actually, winrar comes handy when extracting the files, unless you have another program which can do that.

The problem is that your files are in civ3/conquests/scenarios/wwii_full 2[1].0/WWII Europe, right? Just move the WWII Europe folder into the civ3/conquests/scenarios folder and then delete the wwii_full 2[1].0 folder.

Top Bottom