1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

WWII European Theatre

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Scenarios' started by rhettrongun, Mar 22, 2012.

1. rhettrongun

rhettrongun Prince

New version is uploaded. All of the major gameplay related issues with version 2 should be solved. I'll be looking into fixing the assertion error problem next.

2. Sethyboy0

Sethyboy0 Chieftain

Good to see the cities being weakened. I started noticing that later on in the game even weak cities were getting along the lines of 200-250 combat strength, with city states having anywhere from 150-200 combat strength on each city. At this point, infantry take about 15 damage for the 5 or 6 they deal, and tanks are fairly useless because of the negative city attack modifier. The only way I found to take out cities was either spamming dreadnoughts or spamming heavy bombers while having a couple tanks capture the cities once they reach low health.

Have you considered making some ships into melee ships now that the mod is on Gods and Kings? I think the small anti-sub ships (can't remember the name, Canada had Corvettes I think) could make for melee ships, which would make capturing cities like Gibraltar and Malta a little easier.

Oh hey, the download is done, now I can try the new version. :)

One other thing I've noticed is that city states and minor nations pretty much do absolutely nothing. I know city states don't really go and attack people but they don't seem to make any units either, even on Diety. Minor nations like Romania, Greece, and Canada also seem to do all (and of course their horrible unit roster doesn't help), as well as the neutral nations if you pull them into the war.

Still, I'll give the new version a try once I get my Civ working again and then let you know how it goes.

3. rhettrongun

rhettrongun Prince

Another update for this one, and hopefully the final one.

4. drumheller101

drumheller101 Chieftain

Is Turkey supposed to be a playable faction?
    I got the impression that they are supposed to be, but I don't have the option of playing as them when I start out a new game.

Love this scenario though.

5. rhettrongun

rhettrongun Prince

I did originally intend Turkey to be playable. When I added the custom game setup, I opted to leave them out though. As the major civs in the scenario go, they are last in unique units available (only 1 turkish AA unit iirc) and about even with Sweden in the action department. After buffing Finland in the last update, they're probably the weakest now too.

I suppose it might be fun to try invading all the minors in the middle east, and find out how the AI responds though. I thought they were still playable through the vanilla setup menu. If not, you could try opening the map in WB, and make them playable. The toggle is in the scenario options menu located at the top task bar.

6. drumheller101

drumheller101 Chieftain

Is it possible to play in Open mode, without the automatic diplomacy and declarations of war?

7. Bergerperson

Bergerperson An actual Canadian

Question, why is the Maritime region not part of Canada? It seems quite odd as in World War II, the Maritimes, especially Halifax was probably Canada's most important city.

8. Aesalies

Aesalies Chieftain

ARGH, my head is going to explode. I have tried everything and still i have that assertion failure. If i try to access to map with world builder it crashes.
    World builder says this:

Exception: System.AccessViolationException
    Source: WorldBuilderEngine
    Thread: Main Thread
    Description: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.

Why?!?! I want to play that scenario.. :(

9. PMBobro

PMBobro Chieftain

Hi.
    Great job with this scenario,mod.
    I don`t have "assertion failed" issue but in my game leaders names are mixed with strange marks. ;) ("TXT_LEADER_NAME.."something like that).Also names of great persons are strange("name_great_general" something like that).
    In civ pick up menu also names are with strange marks.
    Any solution?

10. drumheller101

drumheller101 Chieftain

I tried editing this scenarios map in Worldbuilder because I wanted to turn off Espionage.

But it loads up without any aircraft or tanks on the map, so if you save the map and try to load the scenario, these units are no longer there at the start of the game.

Anyone have any ideas on how to get around this?

11. drumheller101

drumheller101 Chieftain

I found a way to play as Turkey.
    Add "CIVILIZATION_OTTOMAN", to the bottom of the civilization list at the start of the file FecSetup.lua in the Mainscreen directory of the mod.

When it starts it plays the opening screen of Suleiman though, altough this isn't that big a deal.

12. Sorry2Baked

Sorry2Baked Warlord

i cant access my social policies with the culture 3000/2250 and it wants me to click on the tab but nothing happens i try clicking on the pink numbers and top right social policies button... this looks great i cant believe this is what jams for me...

13. Sorry2Baked

Sorry2Baked Warlord

also it wont let me choose what nation to play i had to keep randomly reloading to get germany took 10 tries...

14. Vincent2128

Vincent2128 Chieftain

Is there still a vanilla version available? It installs the mod but doesn't show up in the list.

My Civ acts a little weird, it only loads non-DLC scenarios when I have a mod installed. While I was playing this otherwise vanilla scenario I encountered the same problem as described in the quote. The mod I enabled to load the scenario was "Time Line Rate Change (v 1)". I wonder if this has to do with the bug, since no other mods were enabled at all.

15. ashley26ph2003

ashley26ph2003 Prince

were to find this scenario?