[WWII/NAM] Heavy Infantry B.A.R Soldier

FuzzyWuzzyBunny

Chieftain
Heavy Infantry / B.A.R Soldier​

Salut mon amis! I give you my second civ IV Unit, my Heavy Infantry equpied with (my personal favourite) the M1918 Browning Automatic RIfle. This gun was one of the most leathal of all time. From the Gansters of the Roaring twenties to the grunts of the early Vietnam war this was the weapon of choice when fire power was needed.

I've tweaked the vanilla marine texture for my unit (got rid of some of the yellow straps and greened up the helmat) to give it a more WWII era look. I have also included custom B.A.R sounds (however I couldn't figure out how to make the sounds unit unique so currently they replace all machine gun sound effects).

**UPDATE**

I've managed to get a working B.A.R texture together and is included with the download, have fun :D

Database Download

very nice. when you get your skillz up, what would you think of making an equipment pack (i have a feeling that they will be popular once equipping in BtS is figured out)

very nice. when you get your skillz up, what would you think of making an equipment pack (i have a feeling that they will be popular once equipping in BtS is figured out)

Thanks for the feed back :) . Sounds like a good idea, weapon textures aren't as complicated as whole unit textures so it might be a good way to improve my texturing abilities. Now if only I could get my textporter to work...

Found it. Here's the BAR soldier.

Fuzzy, please post here if you have downloaded it. I can clear it from my attachment allowance then.

Edit: attachment removed

:goodjob:No kidding, this is a great unit - just wondering why do you call it Heavy Infantry? Are they overweight?:confused:

:goodjob:No kidding, this is a great unit - just wondering why do you call it Heavy Infantry? Are they overweight?:confused:

I just have an adjective fetish... j/k

Well, just cuz the b.a.r was usually used deployed as a support machine gun, it was never used as the primary weapon for the squad. Ex. In wwII in a platoon of about 30 men would primarily use a rifle such as the m1 garand, and the platoon itself would only have a handfull of b.a.r's . So since the b.a.r was kind of the heavy hitter I named it heavy infantry :) .

Top Bottom