1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

WWII Pacific Theatre of Operation (Japan)

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Completed Scenarios' started by smellymummy, Aug 14, 2002.

1. Phoenix

Phoenix Creating Scenarios

America seems to be a bit big compared to Canada and China. ;)

2. smellymummy

smellymummy King

bigger as in geographical size? I know scale isnt to exact size.. Maybe you meant something else?

Anyway USA had to get beefed up or else it would be kind of weak.

3. Phoenix

Phoenix Creating Scenarios

Yes but when the war started wasn't America very weak but they built up a huge army fast because they had good productivity.

4. smellymummy

smellymummy King

thats right phoenix.

do you think the american civ industrial power is too weak?

5. abla

abla Chieftain

I'm a bit usure as to the presumed start date of this scenario - is this supoosed to be a Dec 41 start?
    In which case Japan should not be at war with the Soviets since Stalin has just pulled his Siberian Divisions over to defend Moscow from Guderian.
    There was a 'war' - more of a border skirmish really though the number of troops involved was quite large when the Japanese Manchurian army decided to attack by itself without orders from Tokyo (go figure?) - earlier on (mid 30s sometime) in which case what are Jap carriers doing round Pearl?
    Also I was wondering - in which version of history was Japan at war with Mexico? I'm not sure if Mexico ever joined the war against Japan but if they did it was certainly not before the USA was in it.
    Who are the Mongolians supposed to represent - are these the Chinese Communists?

Not that I should really nit pick in that I have never yet got around to designing my own scenario - despite trying for the last coupleof months to do my own map of Scotland for a 'Braveheart' one.

The pacific theatre looks to have potential and it would be nice to get a good historically consistent scenario out of it.

6. smellymummy

smellymummy King

the reasons for wars with mexico/russia is simple: they have oil to trade.

Its not like the editor allows you to make embargos. So I have to set up diplomatic relations to the best way possible. Point noted though, probably something I can do about it...

Carriers near hawaii, thats pearl harbor attack.

Mongolians? Outer Mongolia.

Yes you really shouldnt nit pick at all. I admit my disclaimer about this is not a historical scenario might not be in huge fonts. Maybe it should?

It's based on an amazing ww2 pacific strategy game called PTO made by KOEI. Anyway all of this is in the readme.

I agree, it would be nice to have a consistent historical scenario, but thats not really doable with civ3, it's a game, not a history book!

Thanks for the input though, it gave me some ideas.. I definetivly could do something about Russia and Mexico.

7. AngelCloud

AngelCloud Chieftain

The game always crashes for me at this one point during Russia's turn. Anybody else have this problem?

I think it may have something to do with them bombing me, and my fighter intercepting them, as the city is near the top of the map.

Does anybody know a solution? i already tried turning the animation off.

8. IXIRandyIXI

IXIRandyIXI Dirty Warmonger

The scenario's three years old! I'm not surprised that you have errors if you have the latest version of the game. Try playing more recent scenarios. :p

9. shinichi

shinichi Chieftain

:D worderfull