WWIII - nukefest has begun

Originally posted by Omni Mage
Well if you nuke all of there cities anyway then you don't have to worry about that do you?

No i dont do i? but just to toy with them, i left them an island and blockaded it.

in my game, i dont know, maybe 10. i already used 20 of them nuking france. i realy dont care much about having a large nuculear arsenal, as long as i have a massive army.

Being a new guy, I got to the modern age as rome (though lost a diplomatic loss)

I wanted to test out modern weapons, so I continued. I had wiped Egypt off the map in the middle ages, and since then had fought many wars with Carthage over islands and him trying to set up on my continent.

Well, only me, greece and carthrage were left. I decided to attack Carthage. I used tactical nukes, thinking Greece would get pissed. But no, he didn't do a thing.

But the moment I used a ICBM, greece declared war. In two turns, over 12 modern tanks were attacking my defenseless northern city.

Damn AI...

Also, should an ICBM wipe a city off the map?

chances are no because that would cause world havoc and practically blasting everyone out of teh ability to build anything modern anymore and with gunk and polution everywhere

Originally posted by Toaae
Also, should an ICBM wipe a city off the map?

the idea is pretty interesting because in real life nukes can really wipe out entire cities and destroy the world instead of reducing every city to a pop. of 1

The most nukes I've ever had are 500. I used them all then the golden sun in the corner turened red.

Originally posted by Bluemofia
in real life nukes can really wipe out entire cities and destroy the world instead of reducing every city to a pop. of 1
But Hiroshima and Nagasaki are still cities. Radiation or no, people outside of the blast zone can be expected to wander back to familiar land, as peculiar as it sounds. There are still people living on the side of Mt. Vesuvius, after all!

Which brings up another point. Compare nuclear attack to volcano eruption in Conquests. Notice that a volcano has the capacity to wipe a city off of the map, yet a thermonuclear weapon can only kill part of its population. This just feels wrong; is there a way to change either of these effects in the editor?

Originally posted by JustBen

But Hiroshima and Nagasaki are still cities

Hey, but they were hit with only atomic bombs. A Modern Thermonuclear ICBM would not only wipe the city from the earth, but it would also make a crater, and the radiation would last for 1000 years.

Originally posted by JustBen

But Hiroshima and Nagasaki are still cities.

but they were also blasted with only 1 atomic bomb, not enough to destroy the city, but a large portion.

Originally posted by silver 2039
The most nukes I've ever had are 500. I used them all then the golden sun in the corner turened red.

how did that happen? it dosent seem to make any sense. could you post a screenshot of it?

i got the screen shot by creating a senario and placing 555 nukes and fireing them.

Top Bottom