Wyrm's Unit Lottery #2

I'm a Mac guy all the way. I have to say that with Apple's switch to Intel CPUs we've all been concerned about increased exposure to all the threats. My take (and I'm no security guy, just a former end-user TSA) on the OS issue is that the Mac OS is relatively more secure from the slacker hackers that use other people's code (originally aimed at windows) without really understanding what is going on, but as was said above it's pretty wide-open to any neuromantic saddhu.

Well the majority of the parts came yesterday. I got a bone to pick with UPS but that is another story. The photos are of poor quality because I was using my cell phone camera (it too is cheap).

It's a BEAST!

Spoiler :

CPU fan and 700W power supply compared in size to $20 bill.

Spoiler :

Compare 700W power to 380W.

Spoiler :

Tooo many cables!

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

all parts are in

I will keep you updated on my progress of building this and installing all files... and getting back to work burning through projects.

Are you using an oversized case or a micro atx motherboard. Looks like you have an abundance of room in there.

It's a small mobo so everything was a tight fit. Especially with all the cables that came with that massive power supply I bought. Sofar my 1 hangup is that it runs so damn quiet! I've gotten used to the sound of the white noise from my computer fans that I need it to fall asleep at night.

Classic Computer:
AMD Athlon XP 2400+
2.00 GHz
1.25 Gb RAM
Radeon 9200 LE GFX card 128mb card

Beast:
IntelD Dual Core
3.20 Ghz
2.00 Gb RAM
Diamond X1600 Pro 512mb

Things are now back up and running smoothly sofar. I haven't reinstalled Civ3 yet so no Flicster editing. Last night I recorded myself setting up the F-15 ACTIVE that won the lotto.

Video
It took 55 minutes and I couldn't tell of any slow down with the recorder software running with my new computer.

Yes that's me in the bottom corner. Unfortunately it didn't allow me to speed up the camera video while the rest of it is sped up to 750%.

Since Tommy Vercetti hasn't responded to my PM in 5 days.. I decided to make it how I want it to look.

I like AVG too. Better than bloody Norton...

I agree, Norton in my eyes sucks.

It deletes your things even if they're not corrupt.

AVG to this time hasn't failed me once.

On topic: Great video and unit Wyrm!

Wow, excellent video Wyrm, it's very interesting for a non-unit maker to see the whole creation process that goes into making a unit...I'm intimidated to try it myself now. :sad:

Nice use of the Star Wars Episode 3 soundtrack to add dramatics to the video.

And the unit turned out really nice as well!

Wow, excellent video Wyrm, it's very interesting for a non-unit maker to see the whole creation process that goes into making a unit...I'm intimidated to try it myself now. :sad:

Nice use of the Star Wars Episode 3 soundtrack to add dramatics to the video.

And the unit turned out really nice as well!

They're offering Bryce free on download.com, if you want to try it you can get it.

Top Bottom