X-Com 2 and BE x-pack announced before CiVI

I'm honestly not surprised. They decided to take a bit of a "leap" with BE. Just feels natural that they should stick with it a bit longer. Pretty unfortunate though, but hey, we still have Civ5!

You guys do realize that BE and the expansion are different dev teams than the one from Civ 5, right?

Different from civ 5 or different from xcom? Civ 5 and xcom have the same designers?

On the other hand, there was a presser for Hearts of Iron IV today and the live tweeting was great. It sounds really fun.

When was Civ V announced? How long did it take from that to the release?

(I was hoping for Civ VI announcement this year, do you think it's still possible?)

I'm very much interested in Xcom 2 though, both EU and EW were amazing

I`m not that enthused. Sure they were good, but too dumbed down for my liking (can`t do something as simple as pick up fallen objects? Srsly?). Xcom 2 looks like it`ll be dumb down too and I`m not a fan of a futuristic earth where humans and Aliens are already together, either. I prefer the present day setting.

I`ll probably buy it a year or two after release like I did with Xcom- IF it`s any good.:twitch:

Now FallOut 4 looks good.:goodjob:

Different from civ 5 or different from xcom? Civ 5 and xcom have the same designers?

I meant to say both. Civ 5 has different lead developers than Civ:BE (shared with Rising Tide), which has different lead devs from XCOM2. The lead developers on Civ 5 (Ed Beach and Dennis Shirk) don't have any announced game they are currently working on, and therefore are probably working on Civ 6.

I`m not that enthused. Sure they were good, but too dumbed down for my liking (can`t do something as simple as pick up fallen objects? Srsly?). Xcom 2 looks like it`ll be dumb down too and I`m not a fan of a futuristic earth where humans and Aliens are already together, either. I prefer the present day setting.

I`ll probably buy it a year or two after release like I did with Xcom- IF it`s any good.:twitch:

Now FallOut 4 looks good.:goodjob:

Don't get me wrong, I like the originals more, but EU was still very good DESPITE all of that. I agree with it though, part of the fun of the original Xcom was the infinite amount of fun you could have all round the map, sending multiple crack teams to intercept the x-rays, pick up their stuff and then not being able to fire it because video game logic :D

When was Civ V announced? How long did it take from that to the release?

(I was hoping for Civ VI announcement this year, do you think it's still possible?)

Apparently it was announced in february 2010 and released in september that same year. There's not that much time in between the announcement and release, it seems.

I guess it could still happen. E3 is right around the corner too. Great opportunity for an announcement. Wouldn't count on it though. It would only interfere with the stuff they're trying to sell to you this year.

I guess I can still wait another year. The other two announced titles are mildly interesting to me, so time is ticking for an actual new Civilization game.

Xcom squad appears in two games btw, civilization 5 bnw and then it also appearsin the xcom squad video game where it is an aactual shooting simulation. In civilization 5 in the other hand, the xcom unit is buildable once you research nanotechnology.

I think Firaxis should sink their teeth into Railroad Tychoon. One of the best games Sid ever made.

Yeah too bad no announcement for a CIV Vi this year it seems. Really hoping it releases in 2016. OR early 2017.

CIV V games are being the same over and over again now it seems. And BE is kinda meh though we can expect rising tide can boost it the same way GNK and BNW boosted CIV V

By current trend and what happen every time Civ "N" is released. There would be disappointment and hype backfire (which included argument why "Civ N-1 v3.xxx" is better than Civ N v1.01)

I would consider Civ6 an alternative to Civ5 BNW after an expansion or having really high user score. I might learn how to do art for Civ6 mod by the meantime.

Top Bottom