Xbox Cloud Gaming

Hull tyyp

Chieftain
I am wondering how is other peoples experience with the cloud gaming service?

I don't really game on the go but I use cloud as sort of a beefed up couch multiplayer so I can play on 2 different screens without 2 consoles. And in principle it works really well as hotseat kinda sucks so going to simultaneous turns is a vast improvement.

BUT. The cloud game crashes every 2-3 turns.
At home I play on Xbox One X, I know the cloud servers are basically Xbox Series X. So I am wondering is it because the game is not optimised on the newer consoles?

I have read on these forums that crashing might have some relation to game settings. So here is the setup we play on currently:
Huge continents map, marathon speed, old world, wet world, barb clan, heroes, secret society, everything else on standard.

I'm actually surprised Microsoft put this game on cloud in such a state. Bad enough it's ridden with bugs (AI only builds science districts, some eurekas wont trigger ect.) But this crashing issue makes the game totally broken.

Is anyone else experiencing similar issues? If not what settings do you use?

Hull,
I also am an Xbox player though not sure if this relates to your cloud gaming, but a while back I did some testing with map size and amount of civs. When I first Got the game I had a Xbox 1 basically I could play standard size, 8 civs 12 city states without much crashing. Then I got a new Xbox x and it does huge maps marathon just fine almost no crashing then for the first time I went 20 civs 24 city states and had crash problems. So did some experimenting with civs amounts. 30 beginning settlers seems to be the key. Default 12 civs 18 city states or a lot of time I play 15 civs 15 city states no issues no crashes, once I start going above this the crashing starts. At least I can finally play huge maps. Like I said though don't know if the cloud part contributes to the crashing.

Hull,
I also am an Xbox player though not sure if this relates to your cloud gaming, but a while back I did some testing with map size and amount of civs. When I first Got the game I had a Xbox 1 basically I could play standard size, 8 civs 12 city states without much crashing. Then I got a new Xbox x and it does huge maps marathon just fine almost no crashing then for the first time I went 20 civs 24 city states and had crash problems. So did some experimenting with civs amounts. 30 beginning settlers seems to be the key. Default 12 civs 18 city states or a lot of time I play 15 civs 15 city states no issues no crashes, once I start going above this the crashing starts. At least I can finally play huge maps. Like I said though don't know if the cloud part contributes to the crashing.
Thank you for the reply!
Sounds like it might be the number of players at fault here. We did play on a large map with only 10/16 players but the barb mode kept making new city states so maybe that caused it?
Also, while it crashes on very random stuff, more often it crashes while trying to talk to AI. Like when I click on the leader head it suddenly makes a bzrrrr sound and quits.
Just frustrating cause i don't have the issue on the last gen console.

Honestly I think all the console issues Are memory leak issues, when I was on my Xbox 1 I use to always save before clicking on leaders to make deals or alliances or whatever because I had similar sounds and crash. But I will say the newer Xbox works pretty smooth for me. I am currently playing huge map, 15 civs 15 city states 750 turns in and not a single crash or issue and have played plenty of similar setups with no problems. It might be the barbarian clans or the cloud gaming that is causing the issue.

Top Bottom