XML Building Tag Request: <iWonderCapacity>

Afforess, I think there's something else wrong here with Wonder Capacity. It seems like when you change cultural level you're awarded 1 slot more than you're supposed to. Have you noticed it too?
This is how it's supposed to be

0 Wonders for NONE
1 Wonder for Poor
1 Wonders for Fledgling
2 Wonders for Developing
2 Wonders for Prominent
3 Wonders for Refined
3 Wonders for Elegant
3 Wonders for Influential
4 Wonders for Impressive
4 Wonders for Legendary

Ok I'm reading all this stuff about culture and wonder limits... I'm a bit confused, how is the wonder limit set up in the current version? I noticed if I didn't tag Unlimited Wonders, the limit was two world wonders for an early city. And seems like the Wonder limit XML values don't work any more?

Can the limit be somehow manually tweaked still? And what's the National Wonder limit?

Ok I'm reading all this stuff about culture and wonder limits... I'm a bit confused, how is the wonder limit set up in the current version? I noticed if I didn't tag Unlimited Wonders, the limit was two world wonders for an early city. And seems like the Wonder limit XML values don't work any more?

Can the limit be somehow manually tweaked still? And what's the National Wonder limit?

National and great wonders limit is the same for each cultural level. It can be tweaked in culturelevelinfo XML in gameInfo folder but I suggest you leave it as it is. The scaling is described in my post above with changes suggested by Vokarya in the following post.

45°38'N-13°47'E;13360457 said:
National and great wonders limit is the same for each cultural level. It can be tweaked in culturelevelinfo XML in gameInfo folder but I suggest you leave it as it is. The scaling is described in my post above with changes suggested by Vokarya in the following post.

Thanks for the quick answer 45! :)

I expect the MAX_WORLD_WONDERS_PER_CITY in GlobalDefines.xml is not used at all then? That was the value I tried to change.

Binding the wonder limit to culture level is a great idea and way better than a fixed value!

Wish I had more time to play A New Dawn, haven't had a chance to play an epic speed game up to modern age yet, so I'm a bit at loss with all the balance issues, and what options fit my playstyle. Started a game with Unlimited Wonders and I found it ridiculous that I could have a single wonderpowerhouse spewing forth all the miracles on Earth, even on Monarch level. Going to start the next game with the default culture-limited wonders. Is the wonder limit value presented in a pop-up or info window somewhere ingame? If not, it would be great to add it, in the culture bar pop-up for example.

Keep up the good work!!!

Top Bottom