XML error when trying to load mod.

Pumpkinreaper

Chieftain
Sorry, wasn't sure where to post this or where to look for info on this to troubleshoot issues, but after installing Rise from Erebus, I try to launch it but I get a ton of XML errors (which tell me pretty much that nothing is loaded/installed properly for some reason) and civ 4 crashes.

I have the latest BoTS update and I chose the mod folder to install this in, so I'm not exactly sure what I could of done wrong, any advice on this?

Exactly what error are you getting? Need to know what it says. ;)

Well, like I said, it pretty much says nothing is going to load, though maybe it's something more specific, here they are:

1: Failed Loading XML file modules\MLF_CIV4ModularLoadingControls.xml

2: Failed Loading XML file xml\BasicInfos/CIV4AlignmentInfos.xml

3: LoadXML call failed for BasicInfos/CIV4AlignmentInfos.xml

4: Failed Loading XML file xml\BasicInfos CIV4EthicalAlignmentInfos.xml

5: LoadXML call failed for BasicInfos/CIV4EthicalAlignmentInfos.xml

6: Failed Loading XML file xml\BasicInfos/CIV4LeaderStatusInfos.xml

7: LoadXML call failed for BasicInfos/CIV4LeaderStatusInfos.xml

8: Failed Loading XML file xml\BasicInfos/CIV4DamageInfos.xml

9: LoadXML call failed for BasicInfos/CIV4DamageInfos.xml

10: Failed Loading XML file xml\BasicInfos/CIV4FeatInfos.xml

11: LoadXML call failed for BasicInfos/CIV4FeatInfos.xml

12: failed loading terrainclassinfos blah blah

13: call failed for above terrain

14: climate zone info failed loading

the errors go on for a couple more messages before the game just says "screw it" and crashes, so that's what I meant by pretty much everything not loading =P

The files are all in my mod folder, so I don't know what might of happened.

I get this error

failed loading xml file modules\MLF_CIV4modularloadingcontrols.xm

I installed Civ 4-Warlords-Beyond the Sword-BTS patch 3.19-Rise of Mankind 2.8-Rise of Mankind patch 2.81-Current version of A New Dawn beta and now I cannot even launch Civ 4 period . . .:cry:

I'm also having this problem, I've changed the .ini file and everything but when I start the game I get about 20 of those XML load errors. what's up with that?

Something's wrong with your install if you're having those errors. Or you have data in My Games, which is conflicting with the install.

Sorry, super long time since I've looked here.

I had my localization set to japan for certain reason and was having problems with it one day, so I switch back to english and today I decide for some off reason to try launching erebus..

It works.

Possibly could of been something else that caused it (and/or me missing something in a faq somewhere) but this is too coincidental.

Top Bottom