XML error - with Rhye's and Fall

andymerlot

Chieftain
Hi there all, if someone can solve this XML problem that I have I would greatly appreciate it.

I have tried to run the Microsoft XML parser but it fails to load as well

When loading up Rhye's and Fall Mod (and only this mod) I get a series of error windows that all say something similar to this:

Failed Loading XML File xml\Units\Civ4UnitClassInfos.xml
File: Units\Civ4UnitClassInfos.xml
Reason: Element Content is invalid according to the DTD/schema.

Expecting :{x-schema:Civ4UntiSchema.xml}iInstanceCostModifier.

Line: 15,17
Source:

<DefaultUnit>UNIT_LION<\DefaultUnit

I have read the forums that suggest reloading the XML parser, but that fails too. After running the program, I get this error:

"Microsoft XML Parser Setup Wizard ended prematurely"

I have even tried removing Civ4 and BTS from my system and reloading the games from scratch, but the same errors occur.

Can anyone think of how I might fix this situation??

Regards,

Andy

Hi, thanks for the fast reply,

Yes the game is patched to the latest

I am running Windows Vista, Australian release. I have the regional settings to English (Australia) but I have tried setting the regional settings to English (US) but it makes no difference.

Regards,

Andy

I am pretty sure that I did install with administrator rights as the box pops up asking to allow or deny.

It has been working fine for months up till just recently. I am addicted to Rhye's and Fall and that is the only time these problems occur.

Andy

Ok thanks for the advice but it has not solved the problem.

I uninstalled BTS, rebooted the computer and reinstalled BTS (making sure I ran the setup with administrator privelages).

My copy of BTS is the latest release, so when I checked for updates, it showed that I had the latest version.

XML parser error when loading Rhye's and Fall mod (and only this mod)

Installed latest version of Rhye's and fall and I still get the XML parser error.

Do I need to reinstall Vista's XML parser? or clear the cached XML data?

Clearly, I know nothing about XML and would greatly appreciate any help.

Andy

try clearing the bts game cache (that is not deleted by simply uninstalling - the uninstaller is messy) by holding down the shift key during startup
try installing one of the following xml parsers:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...91-052B-42FF-9674-F752BDCA9582&displaylang=en
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...6da-b4b6-c5d7485f2b42&DisplayLang=en#filelist

next: open civilizationIV.ini and set all items with log in their name from 0 to 1 - then start the game and cause the problem. If the game does not crash by itself stop it anyway possible and post all contents of
my games\beyond the sword\logs as a zip file attachment here :)

Hi Ori, sorry for the late reply,

I have installed MSXML4.0, but I can't find the civilizationIV.ini file.

I'm sure it's obvious but can you please direct me the the location.

Also, do you mean hold down the shift key when starting the game or the computer?

I greatly appreciate you being there to help.

Regards,

Andy

I ran the game twice to the point where the xml parser error occurs (on switching the the Rhye's and Fall mod). I zipped the entire log folder and that was all there was in it.

installing the patch now from this site (the in game installer said I had the latest copy)

late here now so I will report on my progress tomorrow.

Many thanks again

Andy

Hi again ori,

I have updated to 3.17 and reloaded the Rhye's and Fall update.
I have changed the ini file to log erors and ran the game to produce the logs.

They are all here now I think

Andy

Attachments

• Logs.zip
    8.8 KB · Views: 65
and its still the same problem I guess?
the logs do not immediately contain any errors, though the xml log has too few errors in it (yes I know what I said - the xml in the core game has sloppy programming) - so there might be something hidden in there - I'll check more closely. However it is possible that this is a problem just with this mod and I should have moved this thread much earlier so that others see it.

Moderator Action: moved to Rhye's and Fall subforum

Thanks for the help and interest in my problem.

I have attached a bmp of the screenshot and another dump of logs (lots more errors on this one so you should be happy with that.

Regards,

Andy

:confused::confused::confused:

Attachments

• xml error.zip
    9.8 KB · Views: 65
  • Logs.zip
    17.5 KB · Views: 59
Top Bottom