1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

XML Errors

Discussion in 'Bugs and Crashes' started by Rohzek, Oct 25, 2012.

1. Rohzek

Rohzek Chieftain

I'm pretty new to mods for Civ 4 bts, but I recently decided to try this mod out. I downloaded it, and began to encounter some problems. First off, I extracted it using 7z. For whatever reason 7z keeps extracting all of the files to a Firaxis subfolder under my AppData folder, not to the one located in Program Files (x86). So I cut and paste the C2C Release folder to the mod folder under Program Files (x86) (its in BTS's mod folder of course). So then, I finally boot up the game, find the mod, and click to load it. I wait a few minutes. Then the loading screen begins, and it begins to load. Right when the loading bar reaches three-quarters I begin to receive xml errors such as this one:

It cycles through like 5 different ones endlessly I think, although I could be wrong. So I have to open up Task Manager and kill the program entirely. Yes, I have 3.19 Final Build of BTS. I have the CD version installed, not the Steam version. Although I launch through Steam. I figured that I could extract the zipped file directly but for whatever reason it never seems to work that way. I also tried renaming the folder to "caveman2cosmos" but only got the same results. Any help would be deeply appreciated.

2. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Warlord

Did you also download and apply the patch? renaming it caveman2cosmos was the right idea but it needs the patch.

3. Rohzek

Rohzek Chieftain

I tried what you said, and I still get the same errors.