1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

XML file - AI Research handicap - where?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Creation & Customization' started by Orion66, Sep 24, 2010.

1. Orion66

Orion66 Master of Orion

Hi

I tried to change some handicaps optionsinXML file. Unfortunatelly I can't find a line for research handicap. It was for 100% in Civ4 files but in Civ 5 is not.
    Or maybe am not lookingat the proper file? So wherecan I change AI research handicap rate??

2. Shiggs713

Shiggs713 Immortal

I dunno actually, I looked, thinking I would find it in 30 seconds, but alas it is not anywhere I can find. I actually searched the entire XML directory, searching both "RESEARCH" and "RESEARCH_RATE"... with research rate only 2 items appeared, neither were anything to do with handicaps or AI. research did yield many results, most of them to do with text, research agreements, and other various stuff, but no handicap stuff that I saw.

Then I looked in the AI folder, with the GlobalAIDefines, and it doesn't appear to be there either, its listed as in a matter of priority, not handicap, so you can change what the AI values more, but not the handicap bonuses it gets it appears.

There is also another item in the GlobalDefines.xml called research mod, it currently has a value of 0 and I really am unsure of what it does.

3. Orion66

Orion66 Master of Orion

Well am trying to play on higher difficulty levels but I try to stop AI from researching techs to fast....

4. Doskias51

Doskias51 Chieftain

From what the devs were saying that the AI just pick from a list of techs that are valued. I am not sure they get any research boost unless it is in the form of just having a higher starting science? You might want to search for science instead.

5. Dishonor

Dishonor Chieftain

There isn't any AI research handicap or bonus. AI just has more people on higher difficulty levels. Also more research building, more wonders, more research agreement, and start with some technology already researched. And they have explorer from the start, so they will find some tech in ruins.