XML - Greater Pangea land mass and selecting Holy Cities

Matty R

Veteran Newbie
Helloo :)

Is there a way to alter the XML files to give Pangea maps more land mass? I've tried altering the SeaLevel XML file, but it doesn't seem to make a difference. I still get Pangea maps with almost half of the world being open ocean.

Also, is there any way to alter the XML files so that I can choose where my religions are founded? Maybe always in my newest city/always in my second city/always in my capital etc?

Thanks.

Helloo :)

Is there a way to alter the XML files to give Pangea maps more land mass? I've tried altering the SeaLevel XML file, but it doesn't seem to make a difference. I still get Pangea maps with almost half of the world being open ocean.

maybe it's better or necessary to modify the pangaea.py (Sid Meier's Civilization 4\PublicMaps)... this way you can also edit the mapsize (by default the huge pangaea-maps are smaller than continent-maps and ignoring the mapsize of the XML-file)

I like to play this way on huge pangaea (the value for large is the default huge one :D )

grid_sizes = {
WorldSizeTypes.WORLDSIZE_DUEL: (8,5),
WorldSizeTypes.WORLDSIZE_TINY: (10,6),
WorldSizeTypes.WORLDSIZE_SMALL: (13,8),
WorldSizeTypes.WORLDSIZE_STANDARD: (16,10),
WorldSizeTypes.WORLDSIZE_LARGE: (26,16),
WorldSizeTypes.WORLDSIZE_HUGE: (40,25)
}

in this file are also the parts for sea-level, but I've never modified it

maybe it's better or necessary to modify the pangaea.py (Sid Meier's Civilization 4\PublicMaps)... this way you can also edit the mapsize (by default the huge pangaea-maps are smaller than continent-maps and ignoring the mapsize of the XML-file)

I like to play this way on huge pangaea (the value for large is the default huge one :D )

grid_sizes = {
WorldSizeTypes.WORLDSIZE_DUEL: (8,5),
WorldSizeTypes.WORLDSIZE_TINY: (10,6),
WorldSizeTypes.WORLDSIZE_SMALL: (13,8),
WorldSizeTypes.WORLDSIZE_STANDARD: (16,10),
WorldSizeTypes.WORLDSIZE_LARGE: (26,16),
WorldSizeTypes.WORLDSIZE_HUGE: (40,25)
}

in this file are also the parts for sea-level, but I've never modified it

Thanks for the reply. :)

I altered the sea level codes and started a new game but there didn't seem to be a difference. Then I noticed there was a line in the code saying the sea level change is limited to 5%. I'm guessing thats +/- 5%. I'll have a play around with it. Thanks again. :goodjob:

This is a long shot but... did you ever figure out how to make the pangea landmass bigger?

Top Bottom