XML modular loading only partially working

Commander Bello

Say No 2 Net Validations
I made changes to a mod, therefor my observations may be due to mistakes of my own.

I am using the "Rise of Mankind" mod (vers. 0.94) and made some changes regarding where you can create cottages, their bonuses and the growth rate. To do so, I made use of modular xml, which in the last game (BtS 3.02 + Solver patch) worked fine.

Now I was curious and did a test installation of 3.13. Modular xml has been switched on in principle as can be seen in the below screenshot.

I am Willem of Oranje, therefore I am financial and will get 1 additional commerce for each tile which already has 2 of them.
I build a cottage next to a river (1 commerce by the river, 1 commerce by the cottage = 3 commerce PLUS 1 commerce by roads = my changes).

So far, so good.

Now to the bad news:
I don't see the growth rate of the cottage anymore. Actually, it should have grown after 10 turns, which it didn't.

As this is a modified game (with gigantic maps), I don't upload the save, until requested.
But you may find my CB_MOD_CIV4ImprovementInfos.xml in the attachment. <= Just see, since I did upload it already in the modification subforum, I cannot upload it here anymore.
So, here is the link: Link
Did anyone observe similar problems?

Edit: my remark concerning the tile infos was invalid and therefore has been removed

Edit: I did a check on the CIV4TerrainSchema.xml and on my copy of it, and they are the same. So, there hasn't anything changed in this area.

Edit2: In the same mod, mines are to upgrade after 60 turns or so, and this is displayed. So, it is just my change, which is not working.
As I said, in the game before (same modification, same modular xml setup) it was working as intended.

Attachments

• RoM002_cottage_display_no_details.jpg
    RoM002_cottage_display_no_details.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 153
  • Comparison_tile_details.jpg
    Comparison_tile_details.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 138
Go the the mods directory and open the .ini file with notepad. There's a new option you have to set to enable modular loading.

Go the the mods directory and open the .ini file with notepad. There's a new option you have to set to enable modular loading.

I thought, I did mention it - obviously not.
Of course, I have activated this in the .ini file in the mods directory. Otherwise, the +4 commerce could not have happened.
So, the modular loading works to a certain degree, but after that it stops working correctly. :confused:

At the moment I am trying to check it out in a second installation.

I am completely puzzled now.

Befor the installation of the 3.13 patch, I made a complete copy of my Civ4 folder structure.
I've run a check about my modular xml files in 3.02 now, and the cottages can be build with the additional commerce. So, the modular xml loading works in general.

Nevertheless, the upgrading from cottage to hamlet does not work anymore. :confused:
Neither will it upgrade, nor show the time to upgrade via mouse over nor in the civilopedia.
A countercheck with my mod unloaded - plain 3.02 - gave me the upgrade times in mouse over display and civilopedia.

I have counterchecked with the respective files and they are completely identical as far as the upgrade time is concerned.

This are the respective entries:
Spoiler :
PHP:
			<iUpgradeTime>10</iUpgradeTime>
			<iAirBombDefense>5</iAirBombDefense>
			<iDefenseModifier>0</iDefenseModifier>
			<iHappiness>0</iHappiness>
			<iPillageGold>10</iPillageGold>
			<bOutsideBorders>0</bOutsideBorders>
<!-- CB: to be build on all terrains BEGIN -->			
			<TerrainMakesValids>
				<TerrainMakesValid>
					<TerrainType>TERRAIN_GRASS</TerrainType>
					<bMakesValid>1</bMakesValid>
				</TerrainMakesValid>
				<TerrainMakesValid>
					<TerrainType>TERRAIN_PLAINS</TerrainType>
				</TerrainMakesValid>
				<TerrainMakesValid>
					<TerrainType>TERRAIN_DESERT</TerrainType>
				</TerrainMakesValid>
				<TerrainMakesValid>
					<TerrainType>TERRAIN_TUNDRA</TerrainType>
				</TerrainMakesValid>
				<TerrainMakesValid>
					<TerrainType>TERRAIN_HILL</TerrainType>
				</TerrainMakesValid>
			</TerrainMakesValids>
<!-- CB: to be build on all terrains END  -->
			<FeatureMakesValids/>
			<ImprovementPillage/>
			<ImprovementUpgrade>IMPROVEMENT_HAMLET</ImprovementUpgrade>

As said before, except for the changes in the terrain types the settings are identical, yet it does not work anymore.... :crazyeye:

Corrected initial posting regarding the tile infos for screenshots:
they do work, if you DON'T try to give the screenshot a name (via SHFT + PRNT). Actually, this seems to be a bug anyway, but is not related to BtS 3.13, as far as I can see.

Top Bottom