[XML] Need LSystem help

jkp1187

Unindicted Co-Conspirator
I am trying to adjust the Arcology graphics from NextWar. The Arcologies seem to 'grow' along with the city, and I'm trying to put an end to that...I'd prefer the Arcologies to simply assume a static size (which I want to be sufficient to encompass most of the city/tall enough to encompass the highest structures, but if a few extraneous buildings end up outside the Arcology, that's okay with me.)

It looks like LSYSTEM_ARCOLOGY in CIV4CityLSystem.xml is the right place to start, but this is the entire entry in that file, and I'm not sure what it means:

Code:
        <ArtRef Name="building:LSYSTEM_ARCOLOGY">
            <Attribute Class="Scalar">szSpecialLayout:CitySurround</Attribute>
            <Attribute Class="Scalar">bLayoutAfterGenerics:1</Attribute>
            <Attribute Class="Scalar">bNoContour:1</Attribute>
            <Rotate>45</Rotate>
            <!-- this needs to be the negative of the CITY_TWIST value in detail manager; note that this uses degrees but DetailManager uses radians. Sorry. -->
        </ArtRef>

I did a search in the SDK for LSYSTEM_ARCOLOGY and szSpecialLayout and CitySurround, but didn't turn up anything. Can anyone explain to me what some of these values mean?

Thanks.

Try putting the "//" marks before each attribute line in turn and see the effects in your mod. If nothing happens, try it on two if you can't see any effect (ie the arcology still surrounds your cities and grows with them).

// tells the game not to read the text after it until the next line.

The arcology uses some special Lsystem plot definition that causes it to do this. Rather than trying to adjust it, I find it simplest to make the Arcology use a standard 1x1 plot (which puts it's center near the center of the city) and then adjust its size (fScale) so that it fits about a square. The outskirts of the city wiill be outside the dome, and the dome will cut through buildings, but so what. Also I have learned that fInterfaceScale just adjusts how big it looks in the Civilopedia.

<BuildingArtInfo>
<Type>ART_DEF_BUILDING_ARCOLOGY</Type>
<LSystem>LSYSTEM_1x1</LSystem>
<bAnimated>1</bAnimated>
<fScale>3</fScale>
<fInterfaceScale>5</fInterfaceScale>
<NIF>Art/Structures/Buildings/Arcology/Arcology.nif</NIF>
<KFM/>
<Button>,Art/Interface/Buttons/Buildings/Colossus.dds,Art/Interface/Buttons/NextWar_Atlas.dds,2,4</Button>
</BuildingArtInfo>

Might be cool to see if the City Surround can be used for something else though.

The arcology uses some special Lsystem plot definition that causes it to do this. Rather than trying to adjust it, I find it simplest to make the Arcology use a standard 1x1 plot (which puts it's center near the center of the city) and then adjust its size (fScale) so that it fits about a square. The outskirts of the city wiill be outside the dome, and the dome will cut through buildings, but so what. Also I have learned that fInterfaceScale just adjusts how big it looks in the Civilopedia.

<BuildingArtInfo>
<bAnimated>1</bAnimated>
<fScale>3</fScale>
<fInterfaceScale>5</fInterfaceScale>
<KFM/>
<Button>,Art/Interface/Buttons/Buildings/Colossus.dds,Art/Interface/Buttons/NextWar_Atlas.dds,2,4</Button>
</BuildingArtInfo>

Might be cool to see if the City Surround can be used for something else though.

thank you!

this is what i found. fScale times fInterfaceScale is the size of the Arcology in the pedia. The original values were fScale .6 and fInterfaceScale 1.

With the your suggestion on the 1x1 Lsystem :goodjob: a fScale of 7 seems to adequately cover the larger most built up city that could be built...but is still smaller the problem L system code. The pedia doesnt like this so I changed fInterfaceScale accordingly to .1. Both changes basically solve this problem. thanks again!

my code:
Spoiler :
<BuildingArtInfo>
<bAnimated>1</bAnimated>
<fScale>7</fScale>
<fInterfaceScale>.1</fInterfaceScale>
<KFM/>
</BuildingArtInfo>
<BuildingArtInfo>
<Type>ART_DEF_BUILDING_ARCOLOGY_SHIELDED</Type>
<bAnimated>1</bAnimated>
<fScale>7</fScale>
<NIF>Art/Structures/Buildings/Arcology/Arcology_Shielded.nif</NIF>
<KFM/>
<Button>,Art/Interface/Buttons/Buildings/Colossus.dds,Art/Interface/Buttons/NextWar_Atlas.dds,3,4</Button>
</BuildingArtInfo>
<BuildingArtInfo>
<Type>ART_DEF_BUILDING_ADVANCED_SHIELDING</Type>
<bAnimated>1</bAnimated>
<fScale>7</fScale>
<NIF>Art/Structures/Buildings/Arcology/Arcology_AdvShielded.nif</NIF>
<KFM/>
<Button>,Art/Interface/Buttons/Buildings/Colossus.dds,Art/Interface/Buttons/NextWar_Atlas.dds,8,4</Button>
</BuildingArtInfo>

Top Bottom