[XML QUESTION] Change Luxury Resource Yields

Tryhard Trevor

Chieftain
I'm currently working on a custom Civ, and I was hoping to change the yield of Gold resource tiles just for the Civ, as part of the Civ's unique ability. I wanted to add +2 Gold and +2 Faith on top of the existing yields. Is there any way I can do this in XML, or will I need to slap something together using Lua?

Give your civ an unique palace replacement, which gives them a building in every city, which increases yields from Gold.

But that palace replacement will "occupy" one unique slot in the civ selection screen and DOM screen. I don't think there is a way to prevent it without using Lua.

Give your civ an unique palace replacement, which gives them a building in every city, which increases yields from Gold.

But that palace replacement will "occupy" one unique slot in the civ selection screen and DOM screen. I don't think there is a way to prevent it without using Lua.
You can also just give a <FreeBuilding> directly as part of the leader's <Trait>. The building given does not have to be a unique, can be the default within it's own special-made class of buildings, and can be denied to all other players by setting cost to '-1'. It also won't show in the tech tree if column PrereqTech is set to 'NULL' for the building. So long as no terrain-restrictions are set for the building, it will be added in all cities.

Top Bottom