[Xtended] CTDs, WOCs etc

esvath

Apprentice of Erebus
Hi,

First, a big thanks to @AbsintheRed who is willing to help us coding DLL in his spare time!

We won't add new, ambitious mechanics but will focus on stability and bug fixes.

So, if you have crash to desktop or endless waiting for other civilization errors please post your save game here to make it easier for us to track the bugs.

Please specify what you did before the error and whether you can replicate the error. Latest version of Xtended can be found here.

Please always state which version do you have the save with.
Especially if you use the SVN for the mod.
Latest version is preferred.

I'm having an "endless waiting for other civilization" error in my game as Doviollo. I didn't do anything specific on the turn besides finishing some spell research. I assume the error is caused by the AI fighting against each other. I'm able to recreate the error. I'm using the latest version (v.5.5), no SVN. I attached a save and an autosave 3 or 4 turn before the error happened.

Attachments

• Tim AD-0333.CivBeyondSwordSave
    420.2 KB · Views: 248
  • AutoSave_AD-0332.CivBeyondSwordSave
    418.6 KB · Views: 211
Just to let people know: I had consistent CTD when casting a ritual, summon spell etcetera. Also missing some UI. This was fixed by uninstalling BUG mod from vanilla BTS.

I'm having an "endless waiting for other civilization" error in my game as Doviollo. I didn't do anything specific on the turn besides finishing some spell research. I assume the error is caused by the AI fighting against each other. I'm able to recreate the error. I'm using the latest version (v.5.5), no SVN. I attached a save and an autosave 3 or 4 turn before the error happened.
City Prespur seems to be bugged with 7 turn of anarchy..... removing buildings does not fix it. Do you have an earlier save?

City Prespur seems to be bugged with 7 turn of anarchy..... removing buildings does not fix it. Do you have an earlier save?

Hey, thanks for looking into my saves.
The latest earlier save a could find was of turn 307. Since there were still some turns to be played to the error on turn 334, I recreated the saves from turn 311 to 332. These saves are not exactly like the saves I previously posted though, they are like an alternative timeline. I still get an "endless waiting for other civilization", but in the recreated saves not on turn 334 but on turn 338. It might not have anything to do with the city Prespur either, because, if I saw that correctly, there was no anarchy in prespur in the recreated saves.

Attachments

• Tim AD-0332.CivBeyondSwordSave
    421.3 KB · Views: 263
  • Tim AD-0329.CivBeyondSwordSave
    417.8 KB · Views: 244
  • Tim AD-0323.CivBeyondSwordSave
    417.4 KB · Views: 212
  • Tim AD-0319.CivBeyondSwordSave
    414.7 KB · Views: 232
  • Tim AD-0314.CivBeyondSwordSave
    411 KB · Views: 235
  • Tim AD-0311.CivBeyondSwordSave
    410.6 KB · Views: 226
  • Tim AD-0307.CivBeyondSwordSave
    396.6 KB · Views: 257
I played it a couple of times and I saw Prespur was take a couple of times and finally endless turn at 340. I need to look for more detail, hopefully I will not have to debug unit turn by turn.

I played it a couple of times and I saw Prespur was take a couple of times and finally endless turn at 340. I need to look for more detail, hopefully I will not have to debug unit turn by turn.

*Uses necromancy skill*
Into the shadows or Cult heal spells seems the bug thats causing the endless loop. Its probably because of the AI grouping the pirate unit with battle commands with the heal spell.

Attachments

• Mahon the Butcher AD-0334 mid freeze.CivBeyondSwordSave
    422.1 KB · Views: 142
as of the current stable 5.6, when getting a barbarian camp dialogue window, choosing a neutral or negative response multiple times in a row crashes the game
the second prompt from the attached save after ending the turn guaranteed crashes the game if chosen to ignore or to threaten

EDIT: after playing around for a while I realized that that CTD happens regardless of barb relations

Attachments

• CTD.CivBeyondSwordSave
    418 KB · Views: 196
Last edited:
Top Bottom