Master of Mana Xtended - Download and Changelog

On my games, lairs definitely send groups to harrass your city, especially when they are furious with you. Necromancers building Tomb over your improvement is the worst, imho, because you need to rebuild the improvement with higher cost.

If there is a unit left in the lair, the lair will spawn one unit per turn. If the lair has three units, they'll attack non-barb units adjacent to the lair.

Raging barbarians increases the spawn rate, iirc.

In my most recent game, some barbarians also didn't respawn. It doesn't happen always though. They also started harrassing me pretty late.

I see. I did not change anything about the barbarian spawning rate, though. But that's a welcomed news because earlier many players found the barbarians were too rabid.

There is that Raging Barbarian option for players who want extra challenge...

Here i am again to report a few things, and ask for a few other things :p

- Trigger trap 1 is not working. Well, technically it is, but it's effect ends just after you hit the enter key, so there's no reason to use it. Increasing it's duration to 2 turns may fix this.
- Fertile grass are immune to magical effects that change your lands, like desertification, desecration, land of the damned, onset of winter, paludification and rain of fire. I think this immunity makes fertile grass extremely powerful and also looks pretty weird when the sheaim terraformed all your lands into a desert, except for those isolated tiles of fertile lands.
- Jotnar settler has a small description error. It says that cities work only 1 tiles around them.
- Summoned bears can't build bear cage, but summoned wolves can build wolf cage and summoned tigers can build tiger cage. Is there a balance reason behing this ?
- Tower of mastery gives 1 happiness per 10% spellresearch rate, but we can't adjust the spell research rate. Actually, i would love to be able to adjust it, so a civ more focused on magic can choose to invest its comerce in spellresearch instead of research.
- Is there any chance to put Zarcaz back into the game ? I personally think exploration in the game much more fun and engaging when there are e some enemies around the world that can give us unique items on defeat, like Orthus. Also would be fun to make them attack your lands, instead of never leaving their lairs.

- Trigger trap 1 is not working. Well, technically it is, but it's effect ends just after you hit the enter key, so there's no reason to use it. Increasing it's duration to 2 turns may fix this.
Done.

- Fertile grass are immune to magical effects that change your lands, like desertification, desecration, land of the damned, onset of winter, paludification and rain of fire. I think this immunity makes fertile grass extremely powerful and also looks pretty weird when the sheaim terraformed all your lands into a desert, except for those isolated tiles of fertile lands.
This is troublesome. Fertile Grass tiles are only few, not worthy of a new terraforming ritual or something like that. I prefer to disable Fertile Grass and be done with it

- Jotnar settler has a small description error. It says that cities work only 1 tiles around them.
Done.

- Summoned bears can't build bear cage, but summoned wolves can build wolf cage and summoned tigers can build tiger cage. Is there a balance reason behing this ?
Intended. Summoned Wolves and Tigers are useful only in early game, thus they need something to do later game. Warbears, however, are strong. They don't need any other function.

- Tower of mastery gives 1 happiness per 10% spellresearch rate, but we can't adjust the spell research rate. Actually, i would love to be able to adjust it, so a civ more focused on magic can choose to invest its comerce in spellresearch instead of research.
Done.

- Is there any chance to put Zarcaz back into the game ? I personally think exploration in the game much more fun and engaging when there are e some enemies around the world that can give us unique items on defeat, like Orthus. Also would be fun to make them attack your lands, instead of never leaving their lairs.
Hmmm. I can spawn Zarcaz with Orthus, but TBH, I don't see any benefit of doing that, yet. Convince me :p

esvath: you still have it "Master of Mana Xtended 5.1 (07 October 2016)".. though 5.2 is out:)

hmmm...also, in the first post:

Unzip Xtended 5.1.
Copy-and-replace the Asset and Private Maps folders from Xtended 5.1 to Master of Mana.

maybe 5.2 not 5.1?

oh, and few pointers:

- in the previous post you(esvath) commented "Done." to some of the bugs found... so if I would download the new 5.2 version, those would be included?
-give us more named barbarians pls - why u ask.. cause it gives satisfaction to kill the named ones, to track those; it gives purpose and meaning to go after them - a feeling of satisfaction after getting the kill (plus in case of Orthus, the Axe is just awesome:p )

Keep up the good work - over and out.

This is troublesome. Fertile Grass tiles are only few, not worthy of a new terraforming ritual or something like that. I prefer to disable Fertile Grass and be done with it

Hmmm. I can spawn Zarcaz with Orthus, but TBH, I don't see any benefit of doing that, yet. Convince me :p.

I actually think would be great to disable fertile grass terrain, as it adds nothing to the game, other than some "bugs" like those i reported.

About Zarcaz and Orthus, well, it will be hard to convince you with my poor english skills... lol, but let's try.

I see this game as turn based strategy games with rpg elements. I believe that all of us here play MoM Xtended because we like this "fusion". One of the key elements of rpg's games are those big bad bosses that wield epic weapons, or hide precious treasures, and that every hero wants to kill to get the loot.

We already have Acheron, Orthus, the 4 armagedon riders, which provides this. But Zarcaz is already in the game and he's not being used, that's sad :(. And oh, he gives a nice little bow to be used in the early game.
So, i don't think adding Zarcaz would be a hard task (don't do it myself because i have no idea on how to do this), and would not break the game. So no negative points.
On the other hand, allowing him to spawn would add another another fun unit to the game (by fun i mean a different unit from the others of its kind, with its own lore, and with it's "loot").

Hunting down these special units gives us more motivation on exploring the world, and i think that's a good thing.

Also, the constant sense of danger is a good thing in a dark fantasy world setup, so i think they should not be stationary. They should try to raid trough the "civilized" lands, pillaging and destroying stuff.
Maybe Zarcaz should spawn in the early game and try only to pillage, with his army of goblins, and Orthus should spawn only after provoked several times to unleash his vengeance, commanding a horde of furious orcs ?

So, i think that's the best i can do, i hope it's enough to convince you :p

Now, talking about bugs, i found out a few that, imo, breaks the Runes of Kilmorph religion.
The first one is that the Shifting lands miracle is destroying mines and quarries in my own land. And the second one is that i can't build Tables of Bambur, even with a great prophet standing in the RoK holy city, with RoK as state religion.

That's all, for now.
Also, thank you for the bugs you fixed, reported in my previous post :thumbsup:

Thanks for the report. Bugs have been squashed. Maybe I'll release a new version this week end because these are game breaking bugs.

Any other bug reports?

Actually there is. I am playing with the Khazad civilization and my melee units can't use the spell "create battering ram". I have tried to use it in the forests in my territory, in forests outside my territory, in improved forest tiles, in unimproved forest tiles and even in ancient forests and jungle.. lol

In all the tries the spell wasn't clickable.

Actually there is. I am playing with the Khazad civilization and my melee units can't use the spell "create battering ram". I have tried to use it in the forests in my territory, in forests outside my territory, in improved forest tiles, in unimproved forest tiles and even in ancient forests and jungle.. lol

In all the tries the spell wasn't clickable.
The spell is available after Engineering. Do you have Engineering?

I see. I did not change anything about the barbarian spawning rate, though. But that's a welcomed news because earlier many players found the barbarians were too rabid.

There is that Raging Barbarian option for players who want extra challenge...

Hi, how can I turn on the raging barbarian option? great mod :D

Last edited:
Esvath your work on this brilliant mod is forcing me to play this old game like 3 hours a day enjoying it very much, THANK YOU

Edit : Is there some way to get rid of volcano using magic? I did removed peak but volcano stands. I will find out sooner or later but I am curious :D

Last edited:
Xtended 5.3 is uploaded.

changelog:
- [AMURITES] Arcane Lacuna is really stopping spell casting now.
- [AMURITES] Planeshifter has 2 movement.
- [ARISTARKH] Should be able to build Tomb Lord.
- [BANNOR] Footman starts with Sword (instead of Leather Armor).
- [CLAN OF EMBER] Brute is now strength 8 (was 9), cost 100 metal (was 200 metal).
- [CLAN OF EMBER] is no longer able to build Elder Council.
- [CLAN OF EMBER] is no longer able to build Alchemy Lab.
- [DOVIELLO] is no longer able to build Alchemy Lab.
- [DURAL] Really added Archer to Dural.
- [DURAL] Assimilate Mind is working for Dural.
- [ILLIANS] Frostling Wolfrider is reduced to 6+2 cold (it was 7+2 cold).
- [KHAZAD] Changed Create Battering Ram. It should work now.
- [SHEAIM] Pyre Zombie can no longer gain xp and use gears. It has +1 Death/+2 Fire affinity (it was +1/+1) and cheap production (50 hammers).
- [GAME] Spellresearch is adjustable on Arcane Lore.
- [GUILD] Ranger has 8 str.
- [MAGIC] Mind Magic's Phantasmagoria now only works on units with Illusion as their race.
- [PROMOTION] Trigger Trap level 1 makes enemy unable to move for 2 rounds, but resistable (+40 resist) and requires level 6.
- [PROMOTION] Trigger Trap level 2 makes enemy unable to move for 2 rounds, resistable (no modifier) and requires level 8.
- [RACE] Removes +1 Cold damage from Frostling racial promotion.
- [RELIGION] Religion will spread at turn 2 on non-ancient start.
- [RELIGION] Non-ancient start will not give you Sacred Knowledge of any religions.
- [RELIGION] Tablet of Bambur is now buildable by Great Prophet.
- [RELIGION] Shifting Sand (ROK hostile miracle) is now one-off terraforming miracle (instead of global enchantment).
- [RELIGION] AV's Diseased Corpse can no longer gain xp and use gears.

Did you tested Assimilate Mind for Dural Professor? It behaves same like in 5.2. I am checking current research and number stays same after victory

Top Bottom