Discussion in 'Wildmana Modmod' started by esvath, Oct 7, 2016.
I forgot about them. Can you list what I should change here?
There is a buildings problem and Aristrakh cities cant grow properly until solved. Buildings are all there but on wrong and very LATE place really. Dry salting house replacement = Catacomb and Granary replacement =Unholy Glyphs are on Final tier of Merchants Quarter. They are needed to build Cabal Shrine=Aqueduct replacement and then Grave Pact = Infirmary Replacement. While Infirmary is in Medicine and thats allmost last tier of healers guild, Sanitations Aqueduct is tier 5/7.
I was checking what guild should I get and was looking until tier 3-4 and thought Merchants are nothing for me xD Now I see Aristrakh growth buildings are on its end. Everything else there (merchants quarter) except those buildings is not so much interesting for them undead guys but I do understand Healers Guild is not fitting too.
But in Merchants quarter they can`t build too many things :-/
tier 1 - only Traders Hall because they have Nexus of Wealth instead of Merchants district
tier 2 - nothing because they can`t keep resources like silk, cotton, sheep, nightmare
tier 3 - no Bank because they have Nexus of Wealth instead of Merchants district, no wonder because of no Banks (though you can mend it here if you want to)
tier 4 - they can build Guardhouse but only for defense bonus = better than nothing I guess xD and civic yes
tier 5 - naval exploration seems ok I don`t have city on coast though so not sure
tier 6 - only queen of the line ship others no sense for Aristrakh, Thy should get some ghostships ;o)
tier 7 - WE CAN GROW! here is everything usable and great
Normally Granary needs only water well since Aristrakh already have building there maybe put Unholy Glyphs to Arcane Knowledge? and Catacomb to Construction or tier 5 of some guild? I am not sure where to put them but tier 7 merchants guild is bit punishing. Everyone hates undead but its game xD
Its really hard to choose guilds for them really :-/ Artisans are ok, very useable, esus too and magi circle but 4th? Healers would do but there is lot of Life mana and unfitting buildings there, Merchants same, Rangers is not for them either for same reason (they cant collect fruits of nature, only harvesting lumber and leather trough defilers), and they cant use faith so Priest chapter is un-interesting for them too.
You might say Slavers Guild is for them but NO, they need their happy faces to grow their cities and Slavers cost 4 Unhappy faces, and Aris have no happy faces from resources like other civs. They can not even build Gemsmith! though you can set it to require Nexus of Wealth instead of Merchants District, but that will be only single happy face bonus.
I did not managed to get autoplay working with steam version of civ but I allways choose one AI to be them and they are allways weakest civ and first wiped out (like 3 games and NOT wiped out by me)
Aristarkh can still capture animals and build the cages, right? That should help them in getting happiness. Also, I think rather than relying on Merchant's Quarter, I'll just move the buildings into Ranger's Guild and Cult of Esus? Ranger's Guild for "food" (soul generation) while Esus for "wealth".
Also maybe some buildings should give happiness from Death Mana.
Hmm did not tested that, their recon units are also not getting experience and since they cant build camps or lumbermills I did skipped rangers entirely, But they need happy faces direly so it can boost them even with lot of content of guild locked. This solution might make them more playable. Happiness from Death Mana would be great for them
I usually choose slavery, mage, esus and artisan guild.
I don't think slavery guild is bad. It gives you unhappiness, but I think the benefits can compensate that. Some of the benefits are:
You get better quarries, which is very useful, since you want to build a lot of happiness buildings and they cost a lot of stone. And you probably want to build a lot of quarries on non-mountain terrain anyway,
You are able to get units from slavery guild that can actually gain experience.
You gain more support for units which greatly benefits your military.
I completely agree here. I don't have them as an AI, but when I play them myself they feel weaker than other civs as well. One thing to note is that they are probably more difficult for the AI to play than more standard civs like for example Bannor.
In my opinion their weakness doesn't come from a lack of happiness but a lack of sufficient science. They have no sage district and can't build a library, so their scientific progress can be slow.
Changelog for Aristrakh:
Rework on their buildings (details in spoiler):
Buildings in Barter tech tree give gold.
Buildings in Festivals tech tree give culture and small amount of happiness.
Buildings in Education tech tree give science.
Buildings in Ranger's Guild fasten soul consumption and give production.
Buildings in Cult of Esus give various benefits, mostly good amount of happiness.
- [ARISTARKH] Vampire Palace requires Warfare, gives +5 happiness.
- [ARISTARKH] Necropolis requires Code of Laws, gives +2 global happiness.
- [ARISTARKH] Withering Hex gives +3 spell research, +1 mana from Air/Fire/Ice/Death/Chaos mana.
- [ARISTARKH] Sacrifial Pit requires Writing and Nexus of Knowledge. Gives +2 science, +1 science per Death mana, +20% science.
- [ARISTARKH] Order of Spectral Sage requires Philosophy and Sacrificial Pit. Gives +5 science per cultural lavel, +1 global happiness.
- [ARISTARKH] Excavated Library (Library UB) requires Necrosage (Elder Council UB). Gives +30% science.
- [ARISTARKH] Baneful Omen (Courthouse UB) requires Necrosage (Elder Council UB).
- [ARISTARKH] Decaying Soil costs 60 hammers.
- [ARISTARKH] Haunted Road costs 150 hammers.
- [ARISTARKH] Noxious Field gives +1 happiness from Deatth Mana.
- [ARISTARKH] Bone Cage gives +1 happiness, +1 culture, +20% culture.
- [ARISTARKH] Haunted Tower requires Entertainment, gives +1 happiness, +2 culture, +20% culture.
- [ARISTARKH] Pernicious Dirge requires Drama, gives +1 happiness, +5 culture, +50% culture.
- [ARISTARKH] Mortuary Enclosure requires Cult of Esus (Esus I), +2 happiness.
- [ARISTARKH] Mausoleum requires Eyes of Shadow (Esus II), +2 happiness, +1 culture/Death mana.
- [ARISTARKH] Forlorn Fault requires Tongue of Lies (Esus IV), +5 gold.
- [ARISTARKH] Necra Sanctuary requires Heart of Darkness (Esus V), +3 happiness, +1 global happiness.
- [ARISTARKH] Vile Requiem requires Prayer of Defilement (Esus VI), +1 mana/Death mana. Gives Cannibalise to unit built in this city.
- [ARISTARKH] Mark of Night requires Master of Night (Esus VII), gives +2 global happiness, +100% culture. Gives Hidden to units visiting this city.
- [ARISTARKH] Unholy Glyphs requires Ranger's Guild (RG I).
- [ARISTARKH] Catacomb requires Harvesting (RG III).
- [ARISTARKH] Cabal Shrine requires Survival (RG IV).
- [ARISTARKH] Grave Pact requires Nature Pact (RG V).
- [ARISTARKH] Dracolich requires War Beast Mastery (RG VII), 10/+3 Unholy, +3 Death mana affinity.
- [ARISTARKH] Vampire Count can be upgraded to Vampire Lord or Brujah.
- [ARISTARKH] Can build Leaden Tower wonder (Gemsmithing) that increases yields from Defilers.
- [ARISTARKH] Can no longer build Archives, Gem Smith, Jewelry, Masquerade, Feast of Plenty and Royal Banquet.
This seems like a big restriction.
Ahh, he was just testing if anyone reads the full changelogs
Whoops. A terrible typo has occured!
It helps that someone reads the full changelog
Anything else? I might release 5.5 this week end.
My bad, i actually can't get all the runes promotions with a runekeeper/ stonewarden, but i do can get 2 promotions, like rune of warden and rune of gallantry with the same unit, as you confirmed. The tooltip says that one rune should block another.
The second rune can be acquired after the unit reaches level 8.
I actually like this because it makes the runes more different from FoL aspects, but the tooltip description leads me to believe it should work exactly like the FoL aspects.
Edit: Ohhh, my bad again, just now that i noticed by looking at civpedia thats exactly the way its intended. You choose the first rune, then you are blocked to choose the others until lvl 9, when you can choose another rune.
Wow impressive cant wait to play new game with Aristrakh with 5.5
Are the Sidar ever supposed to get more than 1 Shade per casting of Waning?
I thought they were, but I can't find it now. Maybe thinking of another mod.
Yes, that's how it works and it differs with FOL's Aspect.
Looking forward to reading your impression on them!
IIRC, for 100 xp, the enchantment will create one Shade. But the code is in DLL so I am not too sure about that.
Hidden units able to defend city?
Hidden units is visible when inside a city, thus can defend a city.
What I am thinking is, with Mark of Night in a city, it can provide an invisible horde of undeads, surprising enemies. Hopefully that will make Esus more interesting for human players. Ranger's Guild has Dracolich at its end, while Artisan and Mage Guilds are quite strong in their own ways.
very interesting changes IMO.
I'm wondering about the exclusive of commune with nature vs/ Righteousness: it means that if you take Commune, you abandon the Altar victory.
For some civs, the choice is not hard, but for those that have a UU at commune with Nature it is a bit more sad.
Re Jotnar and Elder troll:
I'm not sure that keeping Elder Troll at Commune with nature is interesting or even coherent: Elder Troll is much weaker than Woodfather and them needing the same expensive tech is strange.
- I will playtest these new changes about Aristarkh. It looks good, off course, and that's good ideas.
- I think it's still not enough. Aristarkh should heavily profit from the war and the sould consumption. Today, it's too much based on the Void Catalyst income so it means the undead civ can turtle and grow by itself. In my opinion, it should rely 75 % on war, killing civ units and conquiering cities.
- Aristarkh should not be able to capture animals and create zoo by animals cages, because it's non sens with their lore. And zombies are not hunters, they just devour the animals they kill. As counterparts, animals killed by the zombie lignes may give a +200 leather income, or some souls income.
I think this (choosing between Righteousness and Commune with Nature) is always the case, even with vanilla FFH. Not sure though, I haven't played vanilla FFH for ages
I'll look into this.
Capturing animals is in DLL, nothing I can do. But, I can block Aristrakh from building the cages. Instead, they will be able to sacrifice animals in a city and getting Soul income. Is that better?
I'll check the code. If it is possible, I'll adjust the number of Soul gained from killing units and razing cities.
You added quite a bit of happy faces so we will manage without animal cages. More souls are allways welcome.
Excellent. Thanks you very much.
Separate names with a comma.