Master of Mana Xtended - Download and Changelog

Figure out that is was a setting in the ini file for the pop up. I still cannot figure out why I cannot convert religions.....

Oh, man. You have inflation modded in. I can't turtle for 3000 turns. Any chance you can remove it - or add an option to remove it?

Figure out that is was a setting in the ini file for the pop up. I still cannot figure out why I cannot convert religions.....

I'd try a clean re-install of the mod. Delete your current MoM, then re-download MoM with Xtended 5.5 and do a clean install in an empty directory.

Tried that, I figured out that it is a combination of I believe the urbane trait and Aos Si is what causing the inability to convert religions....

Does anyone know how to stop city and civic maintenance costs from increasing indefinitely? My expenses keep increasing even though I am not founding any new cities. Every few turns, there seems to be an increase in the expense numbers, just like what inflation would do. I modded inflation out from the XML files, didn't help. Is this python or dll related?

This was a Giant Marathon Sidar game.

(Great modmodmod, by the way)

Last edited:
Does anyone know how to stop city and civic maintenance costs from increasing indefinitely? My expenses keep increasing even though I am not founding any new cities. Every few turns, there seems to be an increase in the expense numbers, just like what inflation would do. I modded inflation out from the XML files, didn't help. Is this python or dll related?

Every 10 population, the maintenance of a city increases. This is additional to the maintenance from the number of cities. I assume, as Sidar, you probably have pretty big cities which are the reason for high maintenance.
This mechanic is in place to counter the snowball effect of bigger and bigger cities.
You can build courthouses to decrease the maintenance, but you have probably done that already. There is also a global enchantment in the life magic school, that decreases maintenance. Otherwise you can only try to get more income than the maintenance cost.

Every 10 population, the maintenance of a city increases. This is additional to the maintenance from the number of cities. I assume, as Sidar, you probably have pretty big cities which are the reason for high maintenance.
This mechanic is in place to counter the snowball effect of bigger and bigger cities.
You can build courthouses to decrease the maintenance, but you have probably done that already. There is also a global enchantment in the life magic school, that decreases maintenance. Otherwise you can only try to get more income than the maintenance cost.
That is good news! Wonderful, really. Thank you, Ombatur.

My current game is lousy with Barbarians & 20 attack greater werewolves. This wouldn't be an issue except they seem ignore all of the rest of the civilizations on my continent & only attack me. This is making me fall far behind the other Civs. Seriously, when I turned the WorldBuilder on @ ~100 turns to see what was going on, Dovellio had 4-5 times more cities than I did The barbarians were just pathing around the other Civs.

My current game is lousy with Barbarians & 20 attack greater werewolves. This wouldn't be an issue except they seem ignore all of the rest of the civilizations on my continent & only attack me. This is making me fall far behind the other Civs. Seriously, when I turned the WorldBuilder on @ ~100 turns to see what was going on, Dovellio had 4-5 times more cities than I did The barbarians were just pathing around the other Civs.
Barbarians should attack city nearest to their lair. Does the Doviello leader have Barbarian trait? That might explain why the barbarians are ignoring his/her city.

Weird issue where I am playing as Sidar in a 6v6 game and I can't build any roads with workers, I have to manually create them using worldbuilder. Anyone know what the problem is? I've noticed AI can't build them either. All roads on this save are by worldbuilder.

New game as Sidar lets me build roads. Is there an issue with team games?

Last edited:
Weird issue where I am playing as Sidar in a 6v6 game and I can't build any roads with workers, I have to manually create them using worldbuilder. Anyone know what the problem is? I've noticed AI can't build them either. All roads on this save are by worldbuilder.

New game as Sidar lets me build roads. Is there an issue with team games?
What other civs are in your game?
The only one which prevent road building is the Malakim but I am not sure whether being in a team with them will prevent you from building roads.

It is indeed the Malakim that is causing the problem. Any game with Malakim on your team prevents your workers from making roads. Is there any way of fixing this?

Could you please upload this mod as a ZIP file? 2.11 patch installer produces an error with my Korean language Windows 7 systems. I have a laptop and a desktop but both are making the same errors while installing. The error massage box tells that a file name contains question mark(?). Probably some letters break with Korean language systems, I guess. That file name is
Asset\Art\.....\Unit_Prophet\Tuatha D?Dannan.dds
I searched this thread but could not find solution for this problem.

Edit : I am not sure if ZIP file can be a solution(I know It might be a huge task uploading another big file). Any help or advice will be appreciated. :D

Edit again : All other files normally extracted after ignoring that 1 file and the mod is running well.(just for now? I don't know :D) The game looks great. Especially so many UU and UB. Sorry for bothering and thank you.

Last edited:
I'm glad to see this mod is in development! I have been playing it a lot recently, and two games I played had what I guess is a crash at very specific turns. The turn just never finishes, requiring me to tab out or even restart just to get out of the game.

I did something I did in earlier MoM games, and started deleting one civ per game to figure out which was causing the crash. This worked in earlier MoM games because in one version, the Sheaim and Illians were regularly crashing late game playthroughs, so I just avoided them in future games. To my surprise, the Sheaim and Illians had nothing to do with the crashes. It was two completely unrelated civs, and I couldn't find any connections, so I figured I'd upload both saves here so hopefully someone can figure things out, and maybe help bugfix this wonderful modmod.

For the record, when I just deleted the Belseraphs from 0638, the crash stopped. The same can be said of the Malakim in 1017.

Hope this helps! If nobody can repeat the crashes, or fix them by deleting those civs from the game, then it must be just something on my end.

Oh, and I am using the latest version.

Attachments

• Derek AD-0638.CivBeyondSwordSave
    866.4 KB · Views: 64
  • Derek AD-1017.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.1 MB · Views: 72
Hi folks,

due to a flue, coughcough, I have been recently in the delightful circumstances to enjoy this fantastic modmod of yours, esvath! Sadly, I run into repeatable ctd's... maybe you can fix them?

Good work, btw... love it. PAE an MOM extended are still the only games I play...

Greez,

Tschuggi

Attachments

• Stefano n. Chr.-0444.CivBeyondSwordSave
    750.2 KB · Views: 60
THANK YOU so much for 5.5!

Any word on preferred mapscripts? Should I be playing MOM Erebus?

Also, after 7 years we FINALLY have a timber resource! But we didn't name it duskwood. And that cracks me up.

Top Bottom