XX Century 2 100x56 ~1800 Empire Sim

tenkk

Chieftain

XXCEmpiresStandard v2

This scenario uses an adaptation of CivTroy's 100x56 (standard) world map, in combination with the latest release of the XX Century 2 Mod ( http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=160541 )
It is larger than myprevious 64x40 scenario thread but still runs well. I have had much fun playing as all sides.
Scenario Brief:

Set towards the end of European rule in the Americas and at the height of African exploitation this scenario is approximately set in 1800. Yet there are aspects which seem from earlier and also later.

The U.S, Canada, Argentina and Brazil start with colonial foes. Arguably Spain has the best position in the Americas, but is unlikely to stand
for long.
Major belligerants start with considerable armies and navies, often already positioned in enemy territory. In other cases, such as the starting conflict with Russia and Germany, units line the border. Most bonuses are improved and roads are available. Building infrastructure varies but generally is best in Europe, then Asia then America. As for bonus placement I relied much on Civtroy's concept (with some changes), so let me know about that.
Despite many starting conflicts, I didn't see more than 1 city fall during the first 10 turns so this is well balanced i believe.

Britain is the most powerful player, although thinly spread and starting at war with several other nations.

I used the civs to represent certain national groups ie. Germany controls Oslo, France the Belgian Congo and Spain Portugese Angola. South Africa also represents the Sudan area (i.e. general african natives) and is split in half between the European outposts.

DOWNLOAD === > http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads12/XXCEmpiresStandard.zip <===

Notes: Many cities are badly named, remember this is early days :) What is important is to have fun with this great mod and tell me if you like :)

It looks good

one thing I noticed though is when I looked at what nations had which technologies. For some reason Australia is the most technologically advanced. They have assembly line and industrialization when nobody else has it. If anyone should have industrialization first it should be Great Britain shouldnt it?

Just my 2 cents ;)

Arh I see, I will definately change techs in later version.
On the positive side, australia lacks infrastructure and the likes of britain have forges etc.. so they are more ready to implement industrialism anyhow

thanks

I noticed Chicago and Philadelphia sat west of the Mississippi on the map for America, and New York was under British control... Also, why do some countries have machine guns in 1800?

I said..
"Set towards the end of European rule in the Americas and at the height of African exploitation this scenario is approximately set in 1800. Yet there are aspects which seem from earlier and also later .. Many cities are badly named, remember this is early days. "
You said..
"I noticed Chicago and Philadelphia sat west of the Mississippi on the map for America, and New York was under British control... Also, why do some countries have machine guns in 1800?"

1) Who cares whether the US is set up properly? It's a freak nation :)
2) Britain is more likely to control one of the US cities, NY or not, than the Tibetans (for example)
3) Please lookup the word "approx" (on mgs)

Wouldn't it make sense for Australia to still be under British control...it didn't gain independence till 1901 when it became a commonwealth. Same with india except indep. came later and part of India was still minorly occupied by France.

Otherwise, pretty nice!:)

you said: "britain is more likely to control one of the US cities..."

NO, it's not. There is no chance that it would, for history is unchanged. New York was for sure American controlled and i believe remained so even during the war of 1812. certainly after we kicked their butts, NY was in American hands. However, this is 1800 and so NY is most definitly American, not british.

It isn't so much to just give NY back to the USA, eh?:yuck: :(

No. Because "American" came into existence after independance..(and civil war).

As a Briton I still consider all U.S. land to be British property. It certainly was to begin with. Unless you think your nation's modern roots lie in native americans?

When talking about America I think Britain. New York. I think of our city York and county Yorkshire. What a plonker.

tenkk said:
No. Because "American" came into existence after independance..(and civil war).

This is after the War of Independence and, as the British ceded the territories that comprise New York as per the Treaty of Paris in 1783, New York is American. End of story.

tenkk said:
As a Briton I still consider all U.S. land to be British property. It certainly was to begin with. Unless you think your nation's modern roots lie in native americans?

When talking about America I think Britain. New York. I think of our city York and county Yorkshire. What a plonker.

How is this even relavent to the arguement at hand?

Anyways, if you do not mind, I would like to make my own comments about the scenario itself. Firstly, as this scenario starts in 1800, Canada and Australia are still Crown Colonies of His Most Britannic Majesty (and Australia has only a very minor British precense on the South-Eastern tip), Brazil and Argentina are colonies of Spain and Portugal respectively, America doesn't own any possessions west of the Mississippi River (Spain/France should control those western territories), Britain should have at least one or two cities in India (as of 1800, the British would be fighting the armies of Tippu Sultan in the wilds of India for control over the sub-continent) and the Boers shouldn't be on the map in mass contingents of Cavalry (as they still are subjects of Cape Colony since the Great Trek didn't begin until the late-1830's).

Also, the Napoleonic Wars in Europe are still raging (and, if things go as they did in RL, shouldn't be over for another 15 years), with France fighting against the Second Coalition of Russia, Austria (or Germany, I guess) and Britian. Also, as a result of Napoleon, Egypt should be under French administration (although it is poorly garrisoned and constantly under attack).

So, if possible, perhaps you could implement some of these changes in the next version (I truly hope I didn't overwhealm you)? That'd be great.

I hope you get this done fast I need a good mod to play Civ 4 with ;)

as advice If you don't want the napoleon wars, change the time period to 1850 or something...

Top Bottom