Yasutania Religion Poll

Which religious system should Yasutania choose

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Provolution

Sage of Quatronia
Given a potential peace agreement for Germany, where we can ask for Monotheism and other things to make peace.

Should we choose.

1. Paganism
2. Organized Religion
3. Abstain

Again Paganism would be for "No Change" ;)

I actually choose "Paganism" because I want to switch civic(s) after conquering the Pyramids or earlier :mischief: and not wait for a deal with the Germans - If we actually get Monotheism that way we can revolt again at that point...

In a way, I agree. We could also research Monotheism in a single turn.
The best time is right after the conquest of the Pyramids.

I'll also vote paganism for now because of the high maintenance cost of OR, I don't think I'd consider that civic until we have a little more cash flow (hopefully some of these changes will help)

I think Organized Religion increases happy faces by one. How do we sit happieness wise?

Again, it would be nice to not have to open the save to know what the effects would be.

That and the 25 % production bonus for buildings, go figure those kids want "Paganism" ? . We will be third world forever with this attitude.

No there isn't a hapiness bonus with OR, I assume that's a warlords thing, I only play Vanilla, so I don't know for sure.

go figure those kids want "Paganism" ? . We will be third world forever with this attitude.

I'm finding a lot of your comments in the recent polls and threads showing a lot of disdain for other citizens including myself. I wish you would consider your wording more carefully, many of your ideas are good, but if they aren't some body's cup of tea there's no reason to make them like the idea less by offending them.

Paganism: Low Upkeep

Organized Religion: Can build missionaries without a monastery, +25% building production in cities with the state religion

No, switching into a state religion gives one happy face towards cities with that religion in expense of the other religions giving culture. That is the only way (other then FR) to get happiness from religion.

We need to break the tie here!!!

Organized Religion, we need it badly for the building bonus of 25%

Yes, we have Confucianism as our state religion.

Right now we don't even have Monotheism, so there are no religion civics choices available. Kinda funny, but true.

Monotheism is 1 turn of research away. If this passes, we need to research Monotheism in 1 turn, or trade it with Germany in an eventual peace.
Someone not wanting OR, tried to block both options.

Someone not wanting OR, tried to block both options.

For the record, I want OR regardless of the other civics choices. Methos asked a question, I answered.

I was not referring to you here. Dave :)

Dutchfire has issues with Organized Religion, denied it in trades, research and as a civic itself. But now that he is vacating, we can get it to speed the building process. I think he belonged to the slavery and population rush crowd.

Organized Religion won, it seems. Now this should be brought to the polls along with the technology discussions.

I was not referring to you here. Dave :)

Dutchfire has issues with Organized Religion, denied it in trades, research and as a civic itself. But now that he is vacating, we can get it to speed the building process. I think he belonged to the slavery and population rush crowd.
. .
dutch proverb said:
Als de kat van huis is, dansen de muizen (op tafel).
Literal Translation: "When the cat is away from home, the mice dance (on the table)"
Meaning: "Grabbing the opportunity when nobody watches".
English equivalent: "While the cat's away, the mice will play".

On topic: Why did we do this?

Top Bottom