1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Year Glitch - Latest Moddb Release

Discussion in 'Bugs and Crashes' started by The Imperial Gu, Jun 16, 2014.

1. The Imperial Gu

The Imperial Gu Chieftain

I got the mod working just fine, and everything seems to be working on my 3.19 BTS Steam game. However, if I try to start a game in the Ancient era, the year/date is completely messed up. Prehistoric starts me in 50,000 BC, but Ancient starts me in something like 46,207 AD. Due to this, time doesn't progress properly. I really don't want to start in the Prehistoric era, so I'm wondering; is this just a typo I can ignore, or is it a serious bug?

2. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Warlord

The game has not been fixed to properly start in any but the prehistoric era.

I don't think the date will cause any more problems than not starting in the prehistoric.

3. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

I'm going to be blunt here but don't take it personally.

Starting in the Prehistoric Era Is the Main Purpose and Best way to play this Mod. Starting in any other Era Negates all of that! Plain and simple. And as DH has posted
    So you've been advised that a Non Prehistoric Era start Will be Unbalanced and most likely be problematic for you as you attempt to play.

JosEPh

4. The Imperial Gu

The Imperial Gu Chieftain

I'm not taking it personally, but I still wish there were options to start in later eras.

5. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Warlord

It takes a great deal of work to get it set up right for later era starts. Giving the correct number and size distribution of cities, what buildings where and which units.

If you would like to make some suggestions it may help. We do discuss it on and off;).