Yearly "Best Ball" competition?

Mastiff_of_Ar

In his Element
I've been playing my first SGOTM, and had an odd idea... What if groups of four could each play a set of turns, and then post what they think is the best for the group?

I've been playing my first SGOTM, and had an odd idea... What if groups of four could each play a set of turns, and then post what they think is the best for the group?
As in golf best ball, right? All four play the turnset, compare results, and move forward from what they think is best.

An interesting variation ... it is a bit like reloading, since you get to try four distinct strategies from the same position and pick the best, but since all teams are doing it in a structured way, it is fair to all.

The question is, could one get consensus on what save to move forward with? And would you allow discussion of which four strategies to pursue before the four are played, or have each pursue their strategy without prior discussion, then compare? I would think that the former, as latter is hard to enforce, and this format begs to have four distinct strategies pursued, which means prior discussion is needed.

dV

You got it da Vanci... It just seemed like it could be an unusual twist. I guess the team could decide how they discuss and want to play, the only major rule would be the length of the turnset.

And, as Frederiksburg points points out, it's been done! :)

You'd probably have to turn off goody huts. "You got a map and I got agriculture. We'll take agriculture but we'll move towards where your map revealed more huts during the next turn set."

Top Bottom