Yes Ha Ha Ha Ha

pat4

Believe it!!!
Hi,

As you can probabley tell I am happy. I started my first game on prince and went as the Inca's for all those wonders. I was doing pretty well untul Wan Kong declares war on me but to be honest he failed to mount a serious invasion. Sent about 6 swordsmen in but he was too late and I already had enough axes to beat him back. I got peace and 50 gold. A

A few turns later, after getting construction for cats I invaded Korea and took 3 cities. My allies the Ottomans and Persians took one each and Wong Kong with 2 cities became my vassale.

I did my usual then and just built my glorious empire into the worlds most prosperous and powerfull. My old allies the Ottomans converted to Islam which was not acceptable so I declared war. Cyrus went with me but when he lost a city he offered to become my vassal. I took the core cities of the Ottomans while Cyrus took the peripheral ones. The ottomans were destroyed and I ruled my continent. It was at this point that I realised the I could easily get a domination victory. I had never gotten one since civIII when it was the only victory type I would accept.

My next target where the Arabs. They were on a continent with the Romans and Native Americans but were a different religion and weaker. I completely anexed the 5 cities of the Arabs in no time and turned to the Romans who were the second most powerfull force. I just about managed to destroy there SOD and when I landed a tank army the game was basically over.

So domination victory/Prince/score:55,800

Btw I have been wondering what the big deal is with the jump from Noble to Prince because didn't find a difference. Oh and sorry about the long useless post but I had to tell someone about my victory.

It sounds like your good at diplomacy, that is a key factor to making the jump to prince.

I recently moved up to prince level as well. I typically do not use diplomacy and have tech trading off. I find it very difficult to keep up with the AI in technology, that is the main issue. Militarily i can pretty much dominate with ease, i mean, in my very first prince game i was at war with 4 more powerful races and held my own.... until they started sending boats with troops all over and my army cannot be everywhare at once!!

In my second prince game i was too powerful for the AI to declare war but then they landed settlers up my ass so i had to declare war and then they rock up with riflemen when i didn't even have musketmen yet!!

It sounds like your good at diplomacy, that is a key factor to making the jump to prince.

To be fair I suppose I was lucky to convert two of the three civs on my continent to my religion. I was ahead on techs because I was financial and I think I was the only financial civ. Also maybe if I had of spawned near Monty or Shaka my first prince game might have ended differently:lol:.

To be fair I suppose I was lucky to convert two of the three civs on my continent to my religion. I was ahead on techs because I was financial and I think I was the only financial civ. Also maybe if I had of spawned near Monty or Shaka my first prince game might have ended differently:lol:.

There's nothing wrong with luck! Luck is something you need in civ4, because it's not like this game greatly rewards clever military deployments like in civ3, (otherwise they would not have nerfed artillery bombard) what, you think this is a strategy game or something? hahahaha, no this game highly rewards raw production power (fast unit turnover) and science power instead.

If you have no strategy, you will have no raw production power.
If you have no strategy, you will have no science power.
If you have raw production power and science power despite having no strategy, then you will build the wrong units at the wrong time and send them to the wrong place in the wrong numbers, so you will still lose anyway.

Meanwhile, if you are dead-set to believe that the game is dominated by randomness rather than supplemented by it -- as a way of simulating the unexpected events that happen in any real war and that can and historically have nullified advantages in leadership, materiel, and technology -- then you will paint every event you see in order to firmen that impression for yourself. ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-)

Financial is an awesome trait when trying out a new strategy.

If you have no strategy, you will have no raw production power.
If you have no strategy, you will have no science power.
If you have raw production power and science power despite having no strategy, then you will build the wrong units at the wrong time and send them to the wrong place in the wrong numbers, so you will still lose anyway.

Meanwhile, if you are dead-set to believe that the game is dominated by randomness rather than supplemented by it -- as a way of simulating the unexpected events that happen in any real war and that can and historically have nullified advantages in leadership, materiel, and technology -- then you will paint every event you see in order to firmen that impression for yourself. ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-)

See, you have to drag my comments to somewhare they are not in order for you to bask in the glory of your post.

Top Bottom