Yet more Illian Suggestions

Avahz Darkwood

Emperor
1: Let them start out Neutral and become evil when the Draw is cast (this would better reflect Aulric(sp)'s story).

2: Maybe let them upgrade certain units to priests of winter (ie adventures gotten from Dungeons to make them few and far between)

3: Instead of giving them the ability to make priest let them build the old prophet units (would be cool as a type of Grigory pre Lunator(sp) type unit that has the heal promo). This unit would have one attack one defense and 2 move. They would not gain xp.

I tend to think that Auric starting Neutral and turning Evil could be good, but that he was probably evil long before The Draw was performed. I tend to think that reestablishing a religion devoted to himself may have been the turning point rather than actually performing rituals to become a god. As such, making him turn evil at The White Hand ritual might be a better choice.

Rescuing Disciples of The Hand (who were assaulted and imprisoned for their god's actions after their god was killed and no longer able to protect them) from Dungeons could be cool. I'm thinking this could be available to everyone, but that Auric should be able to convert them to his side.

Letting Great Prophets upgrade to Priests of The Hand could be good too. So would making The White Hand ritual repeatable, or making Priests of the Hand buildable units with a SpecialUnitType not allowing then to be built until after the ritual was completed. One problem with this s that they might be able to get random religions form their building city applied to them, giving them spells of those religions like Grigori Medics can get. (Making units of Agnostic Trait leaders not get randomly assigned religions seems like a reasonable fix. Making the spells require State religion could work too, although it seems odd that the units would still be marked as worshiping another god.)

I don't think that the old prophet unit should be reimplemented. I do think Luonnatar should come sooner (Philosophy seems the most thematically appropriate, but should probably be moved up the tech tree a little) but have less brute strength (but have spells that let them remove even state religions from rival cities and to make units abandon their religions too, which would make rival priests pretty useless.)

nice ideas, I definitely agree with upgrading great prophets to priests of the hand and making some Illian rituals repeatable. I really like MaxAstro's idea about disciples of mulcarn too but I can't find the post right now :D

I'm a big fan of the Disciples of Winter -> Priests of Winter -> High Priests of Winter. Just let the White Hand ritual allow the building of Disciples of Winter and the Illians can upgrade at the appropriate techs (and not allow them to directly build Priests of Winter).

Now that I think of it, it wouldn't be too hard to add a couple lines of python to remove the religion from Illian disciples and Grigori Medics when they are created, even if they were given a random religion in C++ first.

In Age of Ice IIRC the Illians were portrayed as a rich civilization of merchants right? I'd like to see something like that come back in FFH2. Also it would be nice if they could spread the White Hand, again something that can occur in AOI. Perhaps provide an incentive for civs to convert to the White Hand, such as to gain protection from the negative effects associated with the Illian shenanigans that go on during a regular game.

Rich? Only by comparison to other nations.

Merchants? No. Trade was frowned upon. Some Lanun were merchants, but business was not good.

Illians were notable Priests and Scholars.

Well what about spreading the White Hand?

I'd like the white hand as a malicious religion but it would break the 7 religion symmetry (which I like). Well, unless CoE was turned into a guild or something... :p

Do you mean White Hand as the Dragon Cult used to be or more like it is when AV and Order are in the same city?

Basically there are two ways to an Armageddonesque ending now, I think it would make sense for people to want to try to avoid being crushed under a tide of ice by selling out their old religion or converting...

I am not one of those uber CoE guys, truth be told I know there are some sick strategies out there but I get too bored to stick with it long enuff to develop.

I think the White Hand warrants better treatment and status considering that Auric has made his debut.

Top Bottom