1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Yet (not) Another Map Pack question - "Civilization Slots"

Discussion in 'Yet (not) Another Maps Pack' started by Mahi, Jun 22, 2020.

1. Mahi

Mahi Prince

Hi

I'm having a hard time figuring out exactly what this slider does in the YNAMP mod. In the "Create custom game" menu there is a slider named "Civilization Slots" and hovering over it says "Number of Major Civilizations".
    As standard it is set to "2" for a large map with the usual number of civilizations that goes into a large maps. So what does it do exactly? Is it setting the number of civs that should be major contenders in the game or is it just a bug?

2. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

Seeing that there are a lot of people having issues with reading the Tooltips, I wonder if they are bugged on some PC.

On mine when I developped the feature, I was reading:
    Do you see the whole text or just "Number of Major Civilization slots" ?

Now, if you see the whole text, which part would need clarification ?

The goal is to quickly set a high or low number of civs

3. Mahi

Mahi Prince

I'm pretty sure it only gives the first phrase "number of major civilization slots". I will recheck.
    But even with your expanded description I'm not sure what it means. It's probably because I never had any userface lags or accidently did a change with the mouse wheel.. So I'm simply not aware of the "issues" it fixes.

4. Mahi

Mahi Prince

And I just realized I misunderstood the description

5. Mahi

Mahi Prince

But I guess it confuses me it is set to 2 when I have 8 AIs in the slots.. And why "major" civilizations?

6. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

Change the code to apply the value on the fly, and believe me, you'll understand the meaning of "lag".

You don't get lag because it's coded to differ the change.

And please recheck, that would explain a lot of reports about the options.

7. Mahi

Mahi Prince

Well I was wrong. The full text is indeed there

8. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

Thanks!

The point still stand about the meaning, there are a lot of options, some still miss tooltips, so don't hesitate to ask for clarification about a name or a description.