Resource icon

Yield Bias Typo fix 2018-03-15

@Infixo I’m a novice at mods but have worked with changing yield values before and this is how I did it. So I just edited an existing file I had in order to create this mod.
Does the way I did it create any issues?

Probably not. I simply prefer a direct solution that fixes the issue (i.e. typos) than indirect one (i.e. add new list with proper values, leaving old with typos).
Sorry, it’s the only way I knew how, just trying to help. :dunno:

Thanks for this bud, it definitely feels like the AI has been...off their game a lil.

I have no idea of the impact of the way you do it, and even less about coding, but I think infixo is referring to the SQL method, and would be something like:

UPDATE AiFavoredItems SET Item="YIELD_PRODUCTION" WHERE ListType="DefaultYieldBias" AND Value="25";
UPDATE AiFavoredItems SET Item="YIELD_SCIENCE" WHERE ListType="DefaultYieldBias" AND Value="10";
UPDATE AiFavoredItems SET Item="YIELD_CULTURE" WHERE ListType="DefaultYieldBias" AND Value="10";
UPDATE AiFavoredItems SET Item="YIELD_GOLD" WHERE ListType="DefaultYieldBias" AND Value="20";
UPDATE AiFavoredItems SET Item="YIELD_FAITH" WHERE ListType="DefaultYieldBias" AND Value="-25";

As I say mate, I know bugger all about coding, so if infixo can verify that'd be great, but ya this is the "cleaner" way.

Still though, kudos for finding and fixing it in the first place! You can only make something better if someone bothered to do it in the first place ;)

Thanks for this bud, it definitely feels like the AI has been...off their game a lil.

I have no idea of the impact of the way you do it, and even less about coding, but I think infixo is referring to the SQL method, and would be something like:

UPDATE AiFavoredItems SET Item="YIELD_PRODUCTION" WHERE ListType="DefaultYieldBias" AND Value="25";
UPDATE AiFavoredItems SET Item="YIELD_SCIENCE" WHERE ListType="DefaultYieldBias" AND Value="10";
UPDATE AiFavoredItems SET Item="YIELD_CULTURE" WHERE ListType="DefaultYieldBias" AND Value="10";
UPDATE AiFavoredItems SET Item="YIELD_GOLD" WHERE ListType="DefaultYieldBias" AND Value="20";
UPDATE AiFavoredItems SET Item="YIELD_FAITH" WHERE ListType="DefaultYieldBias" AND Value="-25";

As I say mate, I know bugger all about coding, so if infixo can verify that'd be great, but ya this is the "cleaner" way.

Still though, kudos for finding and fixing it in the first place! You can only make something better if someone bothered to do it in the first place ;)
Thanks for the help, I’m still learning SQL. I think I’ll leave this mod as is because there is no difference in it’s affect and I don’t want to confuse people with alternate versions.

If you want to see a more significant change in AI behavior, such as building larger militaries and focusing more on science, give my mod a try

https://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/rf-civ-flavors.26753/

Thanks for the help, I’m still learning SQL. I think I’ll leave this mod as is because there is no difference in it’s affect and I don’t want to confuse people with alternate versions.

If you want to see a more significant change in AI behavior, such as building larger militaries and focusing more on science, give my mod a try

https://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/rf-civ-flavors.26753/

Oh definitely mate, stick to what you know. It's why I do nothing! :D God I should relearn coding. I used to be quite good with PHP/mySQL. But my er..lifestyle..in my 20s took its toll on my brain. Sometimes it's like I literally never learned anything.

I'll give your mod a try on my next game, I'm still playing the one we're talking about in this thread lol. I've been pottering about a lot, tons of reloads, lots of faffing about, changing strategies. So much wasted time on pointless things. Ah well.

Top Bottom