YnAMP - Development thread Civ6

A compilation of maps and script with culturally linked start location or TSL

1. Ido Panski

Ido Panski Chieftain

How do I set the Number of Minor Civs in Giant Earth Map?

I have started many different Games with Egypt and it seems like half of them have Cartagh and half do not
    and its always start with 26 minor civs

I tried going to the Configuration of your mod and set the Min Max and Default CityStates for all maps there to 33
    but its still give me 26 civs and some of them are random

2. Fakoleon

Fakoleon Warlord

I see 2 possibilities, you have reach a certain point in tech tree, where every city get a wall by default (so they can shoot), and you are unable to build any kind of wall, it's vanilla mechanic,
    Or you are ally with Valetta CS, which allow you to only buy walls with faith, you can't build them while you remain ally with them

3. yoloswaggins

yoloswaggins Chieftain

i have a weird issue on a giant world map, sometimes turns take forever to lad, sometimes they load very fast, what might be the issue?

4. Ferocitus

Ferocitus Deity

What do you mean by "turns" loading?
    When you first load the map? Or do you mean that there is a long time between turns when you are in the game?

Too many barbarians for your system is possibly the cause.

5. rrrwww

rrrwww Chieftain

for those with crappier systems, can someone pweeze edit the great earth map and like just delete the new world to make map smaller.

or delete the southern hemisphere

something similar could be done with urope map

6. SlightlyMad

SlightlyMad Prince

Have you tried the "Greatest Earth Map?" It does well on my laptop. It basically cuts off the extreme North and South, narrows the oceans, and shrinks down the Americas and Asia. In Europe and other areas it has just as much (and sometimes more) breathing room as the larger maps, but with a much smaller map size.

7. rrrwww

rrrwww Chieftain

i have, very good map, only one i play. Still, it can be reduced in size and still be playable. Africa and new world specifically

8. FlashXAron

FlashXAron Warlord

Hi,

as I am finetunig for my friends and me all the maps for 5 hex citydistance and +125% gamespeed , it is a little bit few to do at the beginning ...

QUESTION: Does anyone know the "code" how to give every human player 1-3 Scouts, when the game starts, so people could enjoy exploring at the start and plan, where to settle !
    Thank you !

9. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Super Moderator

Thanks, confirmed.

No idea of what's causing this crash ATM.

So, anyone else with this issue ?

possible bug if a Civilization doesn't have a TSL for the map (like when trying to launch Europe with random civs and America is selected), investigating.

What do you mean by "unit shields" ? swordsman shield ?

Or an icons related to units ?

Is there an issue with tooltip ?

It should display a description when hovering the choices in the drop down menu.

(and yes, it means certain resources placed around certains civilizations, search <CivilizationRequestedResource> in Resource.xml, there is still a lot to do in that file)

Using a ruleset ?

I'm not sure, but I think it's hardcoded ATM

10. MaximusPlatypus

MaximusPlatypus O.O

I didn't notice the tooltip when I created the game, but I just tested in the Advanced start screen and the tooltips work fine

Thanks for all the work on this, playing the Greatest Earth map as Japan, really fun and I haven't had any bugs or CTDs 120 turns in. Very impressive work here, Thank You!

11. Cosmic Fox

Cosmic Fox Civ 6 Addict - TB Mod Collaborator

I can verify this happening in the above statement.

I love Small Continents, I can't play now without it turned on thanks a lot you rock my gaming world. ;)

If you play enormous or above, touch anything in the game and the globe stops spinning in right bottom corner until it recovers.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2016
  12. _Impreza1_

_Impreza1_ Chieftain

Just a few more suggestions. Are you able to take away the rule which states that Stonehenge must be built adjacent to stone? This means you cannot build Stonehenge in its true location. Also, I am not sure if there is a way to stop AI from moving their settler at the beginning, which means that capital cities are in wrong location? Also, I have noticed that AIs expand a lot less so than they did in Civ5.

13. FlashXAron

FlashXAron Warlord

Hi guys ...

have to say
    I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH THE MOD there are no BUGS, which aren't also in the vanilla game.

FEEDBACK Alpha 7:
    Finished already an EPIC (+50% gamespeed) game at turn 647 on the Europe Map,
    I EVEN played it on MP settings and used 15 !!! (MP) civs and all 12 cs, with 5 hexes city distance.

Now I am playing a +125% gamespeed game on the GIANT MAP
    also in MP mode and with all civs (20) and all cs, also with 5 hexes city distance.
    I am around turn 500 I think ...

but BOTH games with 1 barbarian camp per major civ

__________________________________________________________________________________
    So please all users keep in mind
    CIV VI and HARDWARE dependency :
    Any crash I had was because of CIV VI vanilla game.(Win 10 64bit)

- Civ VI Vanilla game don't forgive any, even small hardware or drivers problems.
    - I had to DISABLE Windows Defender
    - Reduce MIDI from 96Khz to 44Khz
    - Installed a new BETA BIOS for my Mainboard, because Civ had problems with my OC CPU (4.5Ghz) and RAM (PC 3200, DDR4)
    - Even had to change from my Intel onboard Network connection to the Killer 2500 Network onboard (lucky I have 2 different Networkconnections in my Mainboard)
    and of course all drivers (Soundblaster Z, Nvidia, chipset) and Direct X and VC++ have been new reinstalled

NOW it works fine since 10 h WITHOUT ANY crashes, freezes, loading problems, long turn times etc. ...
    before I have done all that CIV VI crashed around every 30 min BUT ANY OTHER GAME WORKED FINE
    (like Stellaris, HOI IV, Skyrim HD, Fallout 4, Doom, Anno, FIFA17 ... very seldom a crash in any game)
    ... but still waiting for the next crash :)
    ___________________________________________________________________________________

So thank you for that wonderful Mod,
    without this mod, I wouldn't play CIV VI anymore and
    now I already have spent over 150 hours on that 3 maps !

Ferocitus likes this.
  14. Nigel_Tufnel2

Nigel_Tufnel2 King

Regarding the GE/Walls issue - I'm not sure if there is a default ruleset setting. I'm pretty sure I did not change that parameter in this game.

15. richard810

richard810 Chieftain

I am running the Largest map here and after about 15 turns it will crash have a hd 7870? vid card which looks like it has 8 GB off mem any ideas?

16. MaximusPlatypus

MaximusPlatypus O.O

Have a question about the rulesets. If I'm running the Greatest Earth Map, should I be running the Old World ruleset? or does it matter if I run the Earth ruleset, or even the Euro ruleset? I kind of thought I should be using Old World, as it corresponds with the 3rd ruleset (for the third map) but unsure if that is the case, or any of the rulesets are coded to work with any of the maps?

edit* never mind, I see the rulesets just place the appropriate Civs in the game (am I to understand it would be Earth= all Civs; Europe= only Europe Civs; and Old World= no America, Brazil or Aztec. Unless I am completely misunderstanding it.

17. yoloswaggins

yoloswaggins Chieftain

it means when i press next turn i have to wait for ages, for next turn to finish loading, but sometimes turns loads very quickly

18. FlashXAron

FlashXAron Warlord

That sounds like the BARBARIAN problem ...
    has something to do with placing them and pathfinding when they are placed ...

On the GIANT MAP my turn times are
    2-3 MINUTES, when I use vanilla Barbarians (3 Barbarian camps) ...
    10 sec to 1 min, when I use 2 Barbarian camps per civ ...
    5 sec to 30 sec, when I use 1 Barbarian camp ... seems no difference between 0 and 1 Barbarian camp

on the GREATEST and EUROPE map
    1-2 Barbarian camps have only a minor impact on game turns, but 3 are once again 2-3 minutes per game turn !

What I use ... for the GIANT MAP atm around turn 550 with all 20 civs ... no impact to turn times

Gameplay.sql

UPDATE GlobalParameters SET Value ='1' WHERE Name ='BARBARIAN_CAMP_MAX_PER_MAJOR_CIV';
    UPDATE GlobalParameters SET Value ='4' WHERE Name ='BARBARIAN_CAMP_ODDS_OF_NEW_CAMP_SPAWNING';
    UPDATE GlobalParameters SET Value ='4' WHERE Name="BARBARIAN_CAMP_COASTAL_SPAWN_ROLL";
    UPDATE GlobalParameters SET Value ='5' WHERE Name="BARBARIAN_CAMP_MINIMUM_DISTANCE_ANOTHER_CAMP";

19. yoloswaggins

yoloswaggins Chieftain

and if i turn them off, will that solve the problem?

20. FlashXAron

FlashXAron Warlord

Sorry ... that will for sure not work, it is too slow !
    and has only 2 GByte , if it isn't a special edition ...

Compared to mine, it has only 33% performance and if you have that card in your pc, I fear your memory and cpu, will be also from 2012 ...

http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/compare.php?cmp[]=324&cmp[]=3218

http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/gpu.php?gpu=Radeon+HD+7870

Last edited: Nov 10, 2016