1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

YnAMP - Yet (not) Another Maps Pack for Civ6 Beta .1

A compilation of maps and script with culturally linked start location or TSL

1. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

Gedemon submitted a new resource:

YnAMP - Yet (not) Another Maps Pack for Civ6 - A compilation of new maps and script with culturally linked start location or TSL, and optional rulesets adapted to the new very large map sizes

Read more about this resource...

City Map (Real Name for cities on location) :

known bugs:
    • Culturally Linked Location may fail when too many Civilizations are placed (it happens when the game can't find enough starting positions on a map for all Civilizations)
    • The Inland Sea mapscrip crash at bigger size than Huge

known issues:
    • Barbarians can make turns much longer, this is not so apparent on the game's normal map sizes but an issue at larger size. You can use the custom rules to lower the number of barbarians camps.
    • If the game crashes or fail to load a map and you have some special characters in your windows user name, try to delete my mod then extract the latest version directly in the "..\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Base\Assets\Scenarios" folder. Note that this is a workaround and should not be used to install mods once a patch has resolved the issue.
    • Civilization 6 activate ALL new mods by default, but you MUST select only the YnAMP components you want to play with, some are not meant to be activated together, but I have no way to block them ATM.

WARNING
    :

For all size above "Enormous", I'd suggest to lower the textures size in the video option and remove leaders animation as the game use almost all the 6GB of VRAM of my GPU.

Minimal configuration for the Ludicrous size:
    - 8GB Ram
    - a graphic card with more than 4GB of VRAM

Last edited: Jan 29, 2017
  2. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

TO DO:
    Spoiler :

• add code to place new civ6 resources after importing a civ5 map
    • add option for importing resources with the civ5 quantity
    • add code to check for resource placement rule when importing
    • check whales and Pearls placement (could spawn too many in Mediterranean or Baltic seas on Giant / Largest Earth)
    • changes to Greatest Earth
    • changes to Play Europe Again (2)
    • changes to Australia (multiple maps)
    • changes to Giant Earth (2)(3) (and Taiwan, Hanoi)
    • changes to Largest Earth

How to get the Lua.log
    Spoiler :

The Lua.log can be found in your "..\Documents\my games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Logs" folder.

You can't attach a .log file directly in the forum, you'll have to Zip it or rename it to Lua.txt

How to find the X, Y values of a plot in game
    Spoiler :

In AppOptions.txt in "..\Documents\my games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI" find and change

Code:
    EnableDebugPlotInfo 0
    to
    Code:
    EnableDebugPlotInfo 1
    It will add a line in the plot tooltip like this:
    where x = 65 and y = 25

How to change the max number of players in a multiplayer game (WARNING: completely unsupported !)
    Spoiler :

Find and open StagingRoom.lua in "..Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Base\Assets\UI\FrontEnd\Multiplayer"

Of course you should make a copy of that file before editing, but if something goes bad, you can use steam to restore the file.

Find and change the 12 value to what you want in those 3 lines:

Line 78
    PHP:
    local g_currentMaxPlayers math.min(MapConfiguration.GetMaxMajorPlayers(), 12);
    Line 129
    PHP:
        g_currentMaxPlayers math.min(newMaxPlayers12);
    Line 1483
    PHP:
        g_currentMaxPlayers math.min(MapConfiguration.GetMaxMajorPlayers(), 12);
    Note that you can just change the whole lines to, for an extreme example, something like that if you don't care about the map's own limit:
    PHP:
        g_currentMaxPlayers 60;
    Please note that you still need to select a new size for a standard map as a workaround before selecting any of the real world maps.

How to add TSL for a New Civilization mod
    Spoiler :

Assuming you have a mod working, for the Giant Earth, in one of the XML files from the <UpdateDatabase> section of your .modinfo file :
    HTML:
    <GameInfo>
        <StartPosition>
            <Replace MapName="GiantEarth" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_YOURCIV"    X="50" Y="50" />
         </StartPosition>
    </GameInfo>
    and, in a SQL file loaded before the above XML in the <UpdateDatabase> :
    Code:
    CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS StartPosition
        (    MapName TEXT,
            Civilization TEXT,
            Leader TEXT,
            X INT default 0,
            Y INT default 0);

This is to be sure that the StartPosition table exists even if your mod is loaded after YnAMP.

How to launch the in game World Builder to edit one of YnAMP map using the civ5 firetuner
    Spoiler :

assuming that you know how to use the firetuner from civ5:

1. open AppOptions.txt in "\Documents\my games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI"
    2. find the "EnableTuner 0" line and replace it by "EnableTuner 1"
    3. launch the civ5 firetuner and the civ6 game
    4. go in the "additional content" menu in game
    5. select the "mods" context in the firetuner
    6. type "OnWorldBuilder()" in the firetuner console then press enter
    7. choose "new map" in civ6
    8. select one of YnAMP map and start game
    Saving/Loading is not supported, but be sure to not select more civilizations on the setup screen than there are starting positions on the WB map. TSL won't work with a WB map.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2017 at 7:48 PM
  3. Fakoleon

Fakoleon Chieftain

I will try this right now, thanks a lot for the quick work !

4. Draeren

Draeren Chieftain

Looking good, can't wait until TSL is possible!

5. Fakoleon

Fakoleon Chieftain

I could launch a game, I lowered my setting as advised, it's a bit long to load but it's smooth in game and between turns, I tried Giant and all civ for now
    What "Culturally Linked" means exactly? as France I started somewhere in Siberia for what I've explored so far :lol:

Also what about Natural Wonders? does they have random placement? (didn't find one so far)
    and continent have random names

6. onlysky1

onlysky1 Chieftain

Could you teach us how to install the mod? I have some difficulty installing it, thanks!

7. Fakoleon

Fakoleon Chieftain

To install it go to your Sid Meier's Civilization VI folder and look for "Mods" one, by default it's in "C:\Users\YourName\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Mods"
    In "Mods" folder put the YnAEMP folder then launch the game, go to "Additional content" and activate YnAEMP
    Launch a game in "Single player" as OP said and that's it

8. DDomenico

DDomenico Chieftain

'
    It means that culturally similar civs should start near each other. With the current civ list, it's only really applicable to European civs anyway.

9. Baleur

Baleur Chieftain

Love this! Would like a mapsize between Huge and Giant though..
    And i did manually edit your mapsizes to have 12 natural wonders instead of 8, i do like a bit more of a density on such huge maps.

10. Nefelia

Nefelia Chieftain

An 'Enormous' map between Huge and Giant would be a good addition. Love the addition of the Ludicrous size. I'll have to try that out some time. Wonder how long it would take for me to finish a domination game in Ludicrous though. :D

11. SPike984

SPike984 Chieftain

Have tried it a couple of times, is there a setting to ensure true start locations? Have been playing Teddy and I have not hit the America's once. Otherwise, incredible map!

12. MongolMongol

MongolMongol Great Khan of the Yurts

Very beautiful, and true start location will be incredible I bet. It's disappointing firaxis didn't make an earth map.

13. ChrisBrownHitMe2

ChrisBrownHitMe2 Chieftain

Thank you so much! Can't wait to play this.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2016
  14. JohnCJR

JohnCJR Chieftain

Wow, this map is truly beautiful. Just started a game with Rome and got placed on the island which is Borneo near Australia, and it was a legendary start. Rome is already over 19 population and has all the district built as well as a ton of luxury resources on the island. The size of this map is huge, just done about 100 turns and so far, with 5 explorers auto searching, I have only uncovered Australia, New Zealand, Japan, China, India, and part of Persia. I also noticed that the game didn't lag or slow down despite the large map size, something which was not the case with Civ 5. Great map! Look forward to more.

15. wgene

wgene Chieftain

The is causing a issue with Horses. If i build horses resources once it is built it will automatically build horsemen in my cities. If i use the default map i don't have the problem.

16. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

That's from another mod.

17. wgene

wgene Chieftain

18. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

Haven't you read the fill changelog of the other mod ?

It's a feature...

19. HalveBlue

HalveBlue Chieftain

Couple questions for those of you trying out these bigger maps.

Do the increased load times for the bigger map sizes occur only during the initial loading of the map, or also between turns?

What are turn times like during later eras?

I expect some increase in turn processing times, but if it's anything like CiV then it's almost pointless to play on bigger maps. Even people with high-end rigs had their games slow down to a crawl during the later eras.

Map looks really nice from what I can see, Gedemon. How are you incorporating cliffs into your maps?

20. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

I've not looked at cliffs or natural wonders (reef may be in, not checked) yet

New resources is another issue to look at.

About performance here are some data from my test in autoplay on the 230x115 map size with 32 civs (continent, standard time):

total time to reach turn 240 : 03h30, 1 turn takes ~2mn at this point
    total time to reach turn 475 : 14h30, 1 turn takes ~4mn at this point